Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dewayne Wise!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Did anyone see that? :lol:

Foul ball down the left field line. Wise jumps, the ball goes in his glove and he falls into the stands. The umpire runs over and Wise is climbing out of the stands. The umpire calls the batter out.

But look at this picture. The guy in Red got the ball.

wise.jpg

The umpire walked into the frame just after that screen shot. On YES they were saying the Umpire didn't even check to see if Wise had a ball (he may have had a fan planted ball). However, the umpire walked right past the fan celebrating with the ball.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Jack Hannahan then asked the umpire why he didn't ask to see the ball in the mitt, and Hannahan got tossed. The missed call was bad enough, but the self-righteous belligerence is inexcusable.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Mike Dimuro should be suspended a game for failing to meet the minimum standards of his profession and wrongfully ejecting a player.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Geez, that's really bad. That's just as bad as the Helton play when he was 2 feet off the bag, IMO. And I agree with the announcers, it's not so much as he made a godawful call, it's how defensive he got about it. Swallow your pride, take the verbal abuse and move on. You'll be more well respected after the fact.

Ever wonder why people STILL consider Jim Joyce one of the best in the game?

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
Did anyone see that? :lol:

Foul ball down the left field line. Wise jumps, the ball goes in his glove and he falls into the stands. The umpire runs over and Wise is climbing out of the stands. The umpire calls the batter out.

But look at this picture. The guy in Red got the ball.

wise.jpg

The umpire walked into the frame just after that screen shot. On YES they were saying the Umpire didn't even check to see if Wise had a ball (he may have had a fan planted ball). However, the umpire walked right past the fan celebrating with the ball.

Funny how these horrible calls never go against the Yankees. This isn't par for the course...this is just normal umpiring as far as they're concerned.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
What would've happened had Wise told the ump he did not make the catch after the out call?

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Geez, that's really bad. That's just as bad as the Helton play when he was 2 feet off the bag, IMO. And I agree with the announcers, it's not so much as he made a godawful call, it's how defensive he got about it. Swallow your pride, take the verbal abuse and move on. You'll be more well respected after the fact.

Ever wonder why people STILL consider Jim Joyce one of the best in the game?

I actually think that it is worse than the Helton play because this error was caused by the umpire failing to verify the catch on a play where he admittedly didn't see what happened.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I actually think that it is worse than the Helton play because this error was caused by the umpire failing to verify the catch on a play where he admittedly didn't see what happened.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Yeah hard to argue that. They were two horrific calls. Two of the worst I've ever seen.

Frow

What would've happened had Wise told the ump he did not make the catch after the out call?

Wise would have been ejected for arguing the call.

One other messed up thing in the video is after he gets up and runs on the field he punches the inside of his glove so either he's hardcore or just showing he never had a ball. Not to mention the umpire had to run passed the guy holding the ball up in the error before he made the call.

Members online

Latest posts