Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1997 Score - Team Platinum Sets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
Anyone knows about the different variations? Is one rarer than the other? Please see scans...
1997Orioles-ScoreTeamCollectionPlatinum7.jpg
1997Orioles-ScoreTeamCollectionPlatinum.jpg

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
The rare one is the "PREMIER CLUB" which has more of a gold artist's proof on the front. I wasn't aware of differences on the Platinum Team. Wondering if it's just the scan rather than a true difference. The Premier Club ones look very similar and based on odds, were the harder ones to come by though.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Are you just talking about the direction the "oval bubbles" are pointing on the foil? Or was there another difference I missed. If it's just the direction, that's just how the printer positioned the foil roll. One roll was right-side up and one was upside down. Like Topps Xtreme Corps, I don't consider these a true variation when it comes to foil placement differences.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
Dang, Tuna. Only 20? I'll put mine away and shut up now. I thought I was "different" because I try to collect as much as 12 copies of any card (don't ask why because I don't even know). Looks like your worst than I am. I feel much better now, heh, heh.....

Does anyone have a scan of the Premier Club that Clarkfan mentioned?

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Heh I only have 20 because they came in a lot with this:

premierf.jpg
premierb.jpg

The scan doesn't show off the difference very well, but it's more gold than silver in hand

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Thanks both. It appears that it is not printed anywhere then. Just more gold than silver. Great! Another one to add to the "hunt" list. 5000 down, 15000 + 1 to go. YEY!

The gold lettering on the back is different and designates it as the "Premier Club"

Looks like there is one on eBay right now with a ridiculous price...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/d-138-CAL-RIPKEN-JR-1997-Score-Orioles-Premier-Club-CARD-97-BALTIMORE-RIPKIN-/140487883349?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item20b5bafa55#ht_2638wt_1163

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
Okay, now that you mentioned it, I see it. I have never paid for non-auto card of Ripken over $100. Not about to start with a 1997 Orioles Team Premier Club card. I guess I'll keep hoping to get one. Eventually.......
Is yours for trade? :D

The gold lettering on the back is different and designates it as the "Premier Club"

Looks like there is one on eBay right now with a ridiculous price...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/d-138-CAL-RIPKEN-JR-1997-Score-Orioles-Premier-Club-CARD-97-BALTIMORE-RIPKIN-/140487883349?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item20b5bafa55#ht_2638wt_1163

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Hehe, not for trade :D. But yeah, I wouldn't pay over $100 for it. I picked mine up for $40, but it's been about 4-5 years I think. But keep an eye out and there will probably be one cheaper. The one up now has been there for quite awhile.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts