Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Better ROI: Chad Billingsley BC auto or Kershaw BC RC Auto?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Which do you think will end up giving a better ROI this season? I think both are definitely solid investments right now.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Billingsley.

Personally, I don't believe that those cards have peaked yet, and Kershaw's I believe have already hit their peak around call-up time.

Wes

OG
Administrator
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Billingsley.

Personally, I don't believe that those cards have peaked yet, and Kershaw's I believe have already hit their peak around call-up time.

The fact that he may have already reached his peak is irrelevant in this discussion. Which will be worth more at it's peak this year - $1000 worth of Kershaw bought now or $1000 worth of Billingsley right now?

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
LLWesMan said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Billingsley.

The fact that he may have already reached his peak is irrelevant in this discussion. Which will be worth more at it's peak this year - $1000 worth of Kershaw bought now or $1000 worth of Billingsley right now?

Still Billingsley. Last Kershaw base BC auto to end at auction (that I saw) ended for 60+. Last Billingsley was 18+. By that account if Billingsley raises $10 you hypothetically profit $500. If Kershaw goes up $10 you make $166. I think it's more likely a 20 dollar card goes up to $30 than a $60 card to $70.

Wes

OG
Administrator
Tomlinson21RB said:
LLWesMan said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Billingsley.

Still Billingsley. Last Kershaw base BC auto to end at auction (that I saw) ended for 60+. Last Billingsley was 18+. By that account if Billingsley raises $10 you hypothetically profit $500. If Kershaw goes up $10 you make $166. I think it's more likely a 20 dollar card goes up to $30 than a $60 card to $70.

Fair enough just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same thing.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
If anyone is looking to move Billingsley RC Auto's as $20 apiece, please pm me. I'd be interested in a large stack.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
With the way the season has started, I thought this was an interesting post to bump.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Topnotchsy said:
With the way the season has started, I thought this was an interesting post to bump.

Good idea! Interested to see what members think again.

Personally, I have 3 Billingsley BCs and 2 Kershaw. Both have been pitching great, but Kershaw has seen the increases so far for the most part with that amazing 13 K performance.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
CB without question. His cards could doubble or tripple with a good year. I do not see Kershaws getting that same kind of ROI by any means. I mean, could you really see any of his 'in demand' RC au's or just plain RC doubbling or trippling considering there allready inflated prices? I do not.

Yet, make no mistake, I think Kershaw is 2x the talent, but I have to go with the percentages here and it would take an act of god to see his cards doubble this year.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
coltsfan23 said:
Topnotchsy said:

Personally, I have 3 Billingsley BCs and 2 Kershaw. Both have been pitching great, but Kershaw has seen the increases so far for the most part with that amazing 13 K performance.
We haven't seen too many Billingsley's end in the last couple of days (base Chrome's anyway.) On thepit.com the last trades were at $24, a pretty significant from $18 (a full 33%.) On eBay the last Kershaws have gotten in the $60 range. I haven't followed his stuff, but is that a real increase? I thought they were getting $60ish in the offseason (though I may be mistaken.)

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
coltsfan23 said:
Topnotchsy said:

We haven't seen too many Billingsley's end in the last couple of days (base Chrome's anyway.) On thepit.com the last trades were at $24, a pretty significant from $18 (a full 33%.) On eBay the last Kershaws have gotten in the $60 range. I haven't followed his stuff, but is that a real increase? I thought they were getting $60ish in the offseason (though I may be mistaken.)
The pit thinks otherwise:
http://thepit.com/cards/card.asp?symbol=KRSH-06-DPX-U0

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Topnotchsy said:
coltsfan23 said:
Topnotchsy said:

The Billingsleys have been getting around 25ish pretty steadily on Ebay. The Kershaws did get around $60 range in the offseason and up till recently his stuff had been pretty much the same. Since that 13K game, his stuff has been up. The only chrome to end was a PSA 9 version that went 80-81 dlvd on Ebay. I'm fairly confident one could get 70s for a non-graded version, so a bit of an increase. Of course, not huge but it counts.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
aw00d05 said:
Topnotchsy said:
coltsfan23 said:
Topnotchsy said:

Fair enough. I only used thepit for Billingsley since there was nothing on eBay (since I think eBay in general is a better indicator of market value) but to make a fair comparison I should have checked Kershaw's prices on thepit.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
aw00d05 said:
Topnotchsy said:
coltsfan23 said:
Topnotchsy said:

Fair enough. I only used thepit for Billingsley since there was nothing on eBay (since I think eBay in general is a better indicator of market value) but to make a fair comparison I should have checked Kershaw's prices on thepit.
I'd usually go ebay, but since someone is willing to pay $80 for it, you might as well mention it, and scary to think these were at $142 on thepit...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts