Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Razor Metal Autos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
Just came across this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...t7Vkv1mXxn7QTv8LogEgQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc and it got me thinking about how much these things went for when the were first "released" (and also how bad some of us got screwed by them). I know someone on here had a crap ton of Gold Beckham's at one point, hopefully they got rid of them. Lucky for me, I only sank about $500 into this crap, but ended up almost breaking even. Anyone want to share their horror stories? :|

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
There were certainly some issues. And you linked to a player whose Bowman Sterling autos sell for $5 if they even sell. On the other hand, he who bought some Wade Miley's on the cheap has to be enjoying this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item35bc6e1c14&item=230794599444&nma=true&pt=US_Baseball&rt=nc&si=daamuFrCrTyKHyT0uWhwiSRaQq0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I realize there is one exception, and was going to include that in my first post but I still dont think Miley makes up for all the people who bought Wieters, Alonso, Beckham, Castro, Santana, Lawrie, etc.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
I realize there is one exception, and was going to include that in my first post but I still dont think Miley makes up for all the people who bought Wieters, Alonso, Beckham, Castro, Santana, Lawrie, etc.

Very much agreed. I have a handful of Matusz and Hicks collecting dust.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Why is this on the Baseball Hobby Talk forum? Nobody rational collects Razor/Leaf, thus deeming it an irrelevant topic in terms of the hobby.

:lol:

The boards are definitely getting fun again. The return of some active, long time posters; contentious arguments about prospects who aren't performing as expected; cheap shots against Razor (a company totally unrelated to Leaf, btw).

Happy days are here again!

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Why is this on the Baseball Hobby Talk forum? Nobody rational collects Razor/Leaf, thus deeming it an irrelevant topic in terms of the hobby.

Probably because people sunk thousands into this stuff not too long ago and arent happy at all the false promises and bs that went on with it

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I think they are decent and in time I suspect current values are going to be looked at as serious steals, even if they never get the attention of a mainstream brand.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Thanks alot!!
i just spewed my beer all over my keyboard

Listen, I'm the last one here you have to worry about being a Razor lover, but I'm not a hater either. I just see many decent cards of a limited nature that can be had for $5 to $10 all day. 5 or 10 years down the line if these players turn in to the next Jeters, Howards, Pujols' type players, even these cards will be worth something.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
Listen, I'm the last one here you have to worry about being a Razor lover, but I'm not a hater either. I just see many decent cards of a limited nature that can be had for $5 to $10 all day. 5 or 10 years down the line if these players turn in to the next Jeters, Howards, Pujols' type players, even these cards will be worth something.

Case in point a few replies up, Wade Miley. - a guy with a limited # of RC Autos and now he is performing well. Money CAN be made on these cards, but I think the opportunities are few and far between.

Wasnt there a big deal about how BG said that only a certain amount of Metal cards would be released and how that only one year of them would be made but then the next year another set is done?

No
People here invested heavily into the Razor signature series...shortly after it's release the company stated it was coming out with a Metal Razor auto..which were the exact same card from signature in a "chrome" metal type finish which basically killed the value of the signature series autos

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
No
People here invested heavily into the Razor signature series...shortly after it's release the company stated it was coming out with a Metal Razor auto..which were the exact same card from signature in a "chrome" metal type finish which basically killed the value of the signature series autos

Ah, Okay. Thought it was something like that. Thanks for fixing it

Members online