Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who is your AL MVP at this point in the season?

Who is your AL MVP thus far

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Hard to say right now. I'm rooting for Trout - how awesome would that be? But I think right now, at this point, I would give it to Cano - ugh, hate to say that.

How about you?

If I had to rank them:

1. Cano
2. Hamilton
3. Trout
4. Konerko
5. Trumbo
6. Ortiz

Last edited:

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
by the end of the year miguel cabrera

and im still sticking with this pick

the most clutch hitter an the entire league, just hit another walk off

here are his up to date stats so far this season

325 avg...27 hrs...91 rbis....139 hits...29 doubles

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
From a pure numbers standpoint, I don't see anyone but Trout or Cabrera winning MVP. They have different kinds of numbers so it's difficult to directly compare: Trout obviously plays the speed game with average, SB and a nice showing of power. Cabrera hits for average and power, but his value comes with driving in runs rather than stealing bases.

Even though they've underperformed to this point in the season, I think the Tigers will still easily win the AL Central. I think it'll be an uphill climb for the Angels to catch Texas, but they're right in the Wild Card race regardless, so both players may end up on playoff teams.

It'll be a close race and a fun one to follow down the stretch.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I thought I would be the only one to mention Miggy. :lol:

Too bad for Willingham is team is SO far out of it, having a great year...

And IF Weaver keeps up this kinda pace, he might take some votes from the fellow Halos.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Pretty large omission not having Miggy on this list. He is a solid #2 behind Trout right now IMO.

The thread was made a month and a half ago. A lot has changed since then.

It's an obvious race between Trout and Miggy now.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
If he continues to play at the level he has played all year, I can't see it being anyone other than Trout. His WAR of 7.3 is first to Cano's 5.2, and Cabrera is 4th with 4.6 (Verlander is 3rd). He is leading the league in BA, OPS+, runs, and stolen bases.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
If he continues to play at the level he has played all year, I can't see it being anyone other than Trout. His WAR of 7.3 is first to Cano's 5.2, and Cabrera is 4th with 4.6 (Verlander is 3rd). He is leading the league in BA, OPS+, runs, and stolen bases.

I agree with you. But here's something to consider. If Pujols hits like he has the past two months in August and September and finishes with .310 AVG, 40+ HR 120+ RBI and Trumbo has more than 40 homers, do they take votes away from Trout and Miggy sneaks in?

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I agree with you. But here's something to consider. If Pujols hits like he has the past two months in August and September and finishes with .310 AVG, 40+ HR 120+ RBI and Trumbo has more than 40 homers, do they take votes away from Trout and Miggy sneaks in?

Yes that will happen and frankly i want to see what Trout will do next year? Will he be a Pablo Sandoval or a Joey Votto! Obviously better speed than those guys but im talking with the bat. I certianly dont want to crown the dude a superstar until he does it 4-5 years in a row. I still think miggy will squeak it out only because of what was said above.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Tough to argue against Trout.

In a couple months though, who knows? A player could make a huge run from here on out. Baseball is a crazy game like that.

Members online