Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My second big Yount purchase this month

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
After getting the 2005 Sweet Spot GU bat barrell autograph a few weeks ago, I landed another of my favorite subset hits from one of my favorite releases ever.

2/5

$T2eC16dHJFoE9nh6piqmBP5Uk+020g~~60_58.JPG

Goes nicely with the Logoman I already have.

Can't wait to get it in so I can see if the guy actually used $8 I had to pay for shipping and insurance!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I've never seen a batting helmet piece! - Cool

They're few and far in between. Leaf actually had a "Hard Hats" insert set featuring them a while back(2003 I think?). But nonetheless, it's not an everyday GU item you see so I love to scoop stuff like that up. Another thing you don't see much of is catchers gear. I've picked up a card or two with these in them. The only two I've seen anyways. They were no namers but the thought of having something kinda unique is what led me to pick them up.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Way to go hive. Try not to let the shipping cost ruin your love for the card

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I always liked the batting helmet pieces. I have to think that the only reason we don't see more of them is because of the effort it probably takes to cut them down. It's not some planed out flat piece of bat, and it's definately not a jersey, which a scissors can process.

I always thought it was a cool feature of the set:

2005Absolutemat5GU.jpg

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
That's a sweet card, congrats!

It really would be awesome if card compaines did stuff like batting helmets more.
I mean plain white jersey swatches are cool but....

I had this whole set once but this is the only one I have left....

gwynnhelmet.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
That's a sweet card, congrats!

It really would be awesome if card compaines did stuff like batting helmets more.
I mean plain white jersey swatches are cool but....

I had this whole set once but this is the only one I have left....

gwynnhelmet.jpg

Yeah, that's the set I was talking about. As soon as I found out bags had a card from that set I hit a bin like there was no tomorrow. Best 50 bucks I've spent as its easily one of my favorites.