Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Informal Poll - Your All-Star Final Vote Goes To?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Who gets your vote?

National League

Michael Bourn, CF, Braves: Ten years ago, a Braves center fielder became the first NL Final Vote winner. That was Andruw Jones. This candidate has more jets, and is hoping to return to an event in which he played the final inning in Anaheim in 2010, representing the Astros. #VoteBourn (N1)

David Freese, 3B, Cardinals: Only David Wright of the Mets has driven in more runs and posted a higher batting average and OPS among NL third basemen. Freese joins Jermaine Dye (2008, White Sox) as the only Final Vote candidates to have a World Series MVP Award on their resumes. #FreesePlease (N2)

Bryce Harper, RF, Nationals: "Somehow, someway, Bryce Harper has to be in this ballgame," FOX commentator Tim McCarver said of the Nationals' rookie sensation. This would be the somehow and the someway if fans are up for it. #BryceIn12 (N3)

Aaron Hill, 2B, D-backs: Hill is the first player since 1931 with two cycles in the same season. He will try to become the first middle infielder to win a Final Vote. In the first decade, 10 outfielders, three pitchers, three first basemen, two catchers and two third basemen were chosen. #FinHillVote (N4)

Chipper Jones, 3B, Braves: Remember when Cal Ripken won the 2001 All-Star MVP Award in Seattle in his farewell campaign? This is the swan-song season for Jones, and it is up to you to decide whether he should have the same opportunity as Ripken in what would be his eighth Midsummer Classic. #VoteChipper (N5)

American League

Jonathan Broxton, RHP, Royals: No Midsummer Classic host has had a Final Vote winner, with D-backs pitcher Ian Kennedy falling short last year in the latest bid. Now the Royals will do their best to rally support for their closer. #VoteBroxton (A1)

Yu Darvish, RHP, Rangers: Japanese players have fared well in the Final Vote, with Hideki Matsui of the Yankees winning in 2004 and Hideki Okajima of the Red Sox winning in 2007. The fact that Darvish is even on this ballot speaks volumes for the number of starters and reserves Washington already had on his All-Star squad. #VoteYu (A2)

Ernesto Frieri, RHP, Angels: At the very least, a lot more people around baseball are going to know about Mike Scioscia's closer. He will be a darkhorse candidate, especially with the Halos on the road throughout the Final Vote campaign, but the Angels are back in contention, and his profile will continue to grow. (A3)

Jason Hammel, RHP, Orioles: Baltimore is in playoff contention, and the 6-foot-6 righty is one of the big reasons. Hammel (8-3, 3.29 ERA) is Baltimore's fourth Final Vote candidate, following Ramon Hernandez in 2006, Brian Roberts in '08 and Adam Jones last year. #VoteHammel (A4)

Jake Peavy, RHP, White Sox: This is the fifth anniversary of the 78th All-Star Game in San Francisco, where Peavy was on top of the world as the NL starter and eventual Cy Young winner with San Diego. He has recaptured much of that form in the first half with the White Sox. #TakeJake (A5)

Last edited:

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Darvish is a no brainer for the AL, but I would like to see Chipper get in his last season. Harper also deserves to be there and so does Freese. The NL one is tougher to call lol.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Chipper deserves to be there more than Harper. Harper will have his time, Chipper has earned the right to have one last hoorah.

I know a ton of people on here want Harper to go so they can cash in, but I just don't see it. He's a good player and he's only going to get better. He doesn't deserve it this season.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Chipper deserves to be there more than Harper. Harper will have his time, Chipper has earned the right to have one last hoorah.

I know a ton of people on here want Harper to go so they can cash in, but I just don't see it. He's a good player and he's only going to get better. He doesn't deserve it this season.
Chipper doesn't deserve it this season, either. He has played 43 games, batting .291 with 6 HR/28 RBI.

I know some like to have the lifetime achievement appearance for the AS game, but I am just not in that camp. Chipper doesn't deserve to be in the 2012-emphasis on 2012-All Star Game. He deserves to be in the HOF, and is as classy as it gets-but he doesn't deserve to be in it. With that said-I'm glad he is on the final vote, because now it's in the hands of the fans, which is how it should be. If they want him in, he will go.

I don't think Harper deserves it either-but again, it is in the hands of the fans. Chipper and Bryce are in the same boat-if it weren't for their name, they wouldn't be on the final vote. But, this is exactly where they should be-let the fans decide it. I can understand fans wanting Bryce, and can understand fans wanting Chipper.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I want the AL to win it so I'll take Ernesto 'Shutdown' Frieri.....Aaron Hill definitely deserves it, 2 cycles in one [half] season?! Crazy....he has been one of the hottest hitters over the past month so he gets my vote!

saferseas

Mar 9, 2010
Portland, OR
ABSOLUTELY no way on Harper. He'll get his chance, i'm sure.

I'll go with Frieri or Peavey in the AL, and maybe Aaron Hill or Freese in the NL.

Frow

Abstaining. I'm sorry but in the entire league the best they can do is give us a choice a 13th pitcher to play in 1 game or some made of drama. I'd go out on a limb and guess that which ever of the two loses the fan vote will take Kemp's place.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
freese and darvish. I figure Chipper can make an appearance in the mid 5th inning for a standing O as a non all-star.

i do like the intrigue of the NL with harper and chipper in there. we'll see if harper gets enough support through the voting to win the slot or if chipper's fans can give him enough support.

Members online

Latest posts