Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Graded HOF rookies or certified HOF autos on vintage cards?

Graded HOF rookies or certified HOF autos on vintage cards?

• Graded HOF rookies

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LuckySlugger

Aug 7, 2008
Alabama
Just looking for some opinions on which of the two options YOU would do and why you would choose one over the other. Im not gonna have a ton of money to throw at it constantly, but I will put whatever I can when I can toward it. So....

- Graded HOF rookies or
- Slabbed Certified HOF autographed vintage cards

-Brandon

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
This is a toughie for me, because I collect both. PSA/DNA auto'ed vintage = amazing, and you can't beat a graded RC in nice shape.

I'll decide in a minute :lol:

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
LuckySlugger said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Slabs, all day.

Sorry if I wasnt more clear, both would be slabbed.

Hmm. interesting

Would you buy the auto's already slabbed? JSA/BVG has the absolute best slab around, but they
are costly to sub yourself.

for me, i prefer the card the way it was issued, so i would choose "A"

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
IndyMann said:
I went with option A as that is what I going for slowly.

Amen. They are not something that is as easily to track down as todays chrome stuff.

Also, depending on how picky one is on what they prefer, that makes it that much harder to pick up

For me, i've really soured on PSA's Slabs, and SGC's Slab size variance never appealed to me. For these
reasons, and also because they end lower (and have a bazzillion times better protection), i prefer BVG

LuckySlugger

Aug 7, 2008
Alabama
Personally, Im leaning toward the vintage auto stuff. BUT, its hard to turn down the slabbed rookies. If I had the dough, Id be doing both.........but I dont :(

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
LuckySlugger said:
Personally, Im leaning toward the vintage auto stuff. BUT, its hard to turn down the slabbed rookies. If I had the dough, Id be doing both.........but I dont :(

How about auto'ed vintage RC cards?? :D

1933goudeyferrellautof.jpg

Maybe you can alternate between the two??

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
scotty21690 said:
LuckySlugger said:

How about auto'ed vintage RC cards?? :D

1933goudeyferrellautof.jpg

Maybe you can alternate between the two??

Sure, suggest something even MORE costly!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I personally collect one each of the highest grade I can afford of each and every HOF and future HOF player. So A. The autographs of most players will always be in abundance, whether it be cut autos or certified. Example: how many Ted Williams autos are there in the world compared to say, even a PSA 6 Williams rookie? Probably a ton more...

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
I personally collect one each of the highest grade I can afford of each and every HOF and future HOF player. So A. The autographs of most players will always be in abundance, whether it be cut autos or certified. Example: how many Ted Williams autos are there in the world compared to say, even a PSA 6 Williams rookie? Probably a ton more...

Your comparison makes no sense whatsoever.

The OP is talking about auto'ed vintage cards, in which Teddy has a lot less than you might think. You can't compare all Teddy autos to a PSA 6 RC card, doesn't make sense.

bikerider60

Aug 8, 2008
Jackson, NJ
LuckySlugger said:
Just looking for some opinions on which of the two options YOU would do and why you would choose one over the other. Im not gonna have a ton of money to throw at it constantly, but I will put whatever I can when I can toward it. So....

- Graded HOF rookies or
- Slabbed Certified HOF autographed vintage cards

-Brandon

The on card Auto would save you a few $$ , but tough. Graded HOF rookies would take lots of $$ ,and time since prewar rookies are rare...of some key HOFers. Some have very SP cards, even the collectors willing to spend can not pick them up....they are in Collections that will only be sold after the collector passes on. Same with the rare Auto's.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
scotty21690 said:
sportscardtheory said:

Your comparison makes no sense whatsoever.

The OP is talking about auto'ed vintage cards, in which Teddy has a lot less than you might think. You can't compare all Teddy autos to a PSA 6 RC card, doesn't make sense.

Well EXCUSE me. I read the OP wrong. Sorry to ruin your day.

Members online