Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OFFICIAL TRADE RUMOR Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Just heard on the radio that the Yankees might be in the need of Greinke, would it be possible to snag 2 of their better prospects for him. i.e. Tyler Austin and Campos or Bichette Jr, Banuelos or Williams. We can only hope.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
I saw this kid pitch at AFL in 2010 I believe and he was pretty darn good for a 19 year old. Why is he horrible now or what?

Something like a 4.50 ERA and only pitched 24 innings so far this year. DL trips for back and now elbow

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Ok lets play GM's. I will take Matt Lipka, Andrelton Simmons and Randall Delgado.
I have no idea of what they'd have to give up, but I think it's a great place for him to succeed. On talent alone I'd want him in Boston hands down, but only if he'd be happy there.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I'd love to see Grienke go to Texas just to see what Mike Maddux would do for him. He's the best "coach" i.e. mentor, there is for a pitching staff.

But Brewers fans need to be realistic when it comes to what Greinke is really worth. The new CBA and Matt Cain's deal put a dent in what teams will be willing to give up for a rental. I mean, I'd LOVE to land a Profar for Greinke, but it ain't gonna happen.

I would do Simmons for Greinke straight up and I think the Brewers would be lucky.

Also, you are going to hear the Yankees talked about "on the radio" relating to just about EVERY possible trade rumor one could think of.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Greinke in Texas would also be great to see. I just prefer to see him in the NL.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Jon Paul Morosi tweeted that Milwaukee had scouts at Frisco. Buckel, Profar (yeah right) or Olt would be STELLAR. The fact that Milwaukee feels they have a reason to be at Frisco at all gets my mouth watering.

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
Dodgers could use Grienke...Carlos Lee didn't want to go to LA but would Grienke?

Ehhh maybe not Dodgers signed Yasiel Puig to a 42 million dollar contract.

Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Nothing against greinke but no way should the yanks be interested.

Those who can't handle pressure & the media need not apply, right aj?

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
I don't want another rent a player in Texas.
Especially at the cost of players like Olt, Perez or Profar.
The Rangers normally trade away the 2nd and 3rd tier prospects, but losing 2 years in a row, the front office may be getting desperate to finally win the big one.

A wise man once told me you do what it takes to win at all cost for the current season. A team is not guarantied another chance to get back to the playoffs. It doesn't matter what prospects you have to give up. It is only about winning the current World Series, everyone is expendable.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
Guys - Greinke ain't going to the Yankers. My guess is that he ends up with the Braves. They ain't giving up Simmons - look it up, cook it up, book it up. But Delgado said to be in play as trade bait. I'm sure it would take a couple more prospects.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Greinke in NY will work just as well as Randy Johnson did. Like Johnson, Greinke wouldn't be able to handle the obnoxious and relentless press.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts