Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Chris Carpenter Out For The Year

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
He's one of the top 5 pitchers in baseball when healthy, but he isn't going to be this year

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8...louis-cardinals-undergo-season-ending-surgery

Last year I said the Cards were done after Wainwright was out for the year, but I turned out to be wrong. It took a once in a century comeback, but I was wrong. Cards can still win the division and the weak NL, but this made it tougher.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I am sure he will. The one problem is that many of the best arms are in the division: Cubs (Garza and Dempster) and Brewers (Grienke). If the Rays fall out of the race, James Shields would be a smart pickup. Has two team options for 2013 ($9M) and 2014 ($12M) that are reasonable for a team like the Cards, but not for the Rays. Cards would have to give the Rays a legitimate player, though. Maybe Allen Craig and a good pitching prospect for Shields, Fernando Rodney and a Carlos Pena rental with the Rays eating Pena's salary?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts