Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Going thru some of my Uncles cards, and i found a few curiousities.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
As you may know my Uncle passed away recently. I inherited a lot of his cards, and some other stuff. Most of the cards are in sets, I have every complete Topps set from 1970 until 2011. some are factory sealed, some are not. There are also many 800 CT boxes of dupes, and other things.

There some some things i can use some input on. First off, im not looking to sell anything. One is a set of Porcelain Mickey Mantle cards from danbury mint. They are in a binder. I would assume these are monetarily worthless. like many of the collectible plates are? Another is a Norman Rockwell "tough call" lithograph Its large, and appears that it may be an original lithograph, there is a copyright date of 1949 and the name of the printing company (i forget what it is, the print is at my mothers) it is not signed or numbered at all.

Perhaps the coolest thing is a round, small (2 inch) brass medallion that is stamped "BABE RUTH" with a large "3" under his name. The other side is stamped "YANKEE STADIUM" around the top edge and "THE BRONX, NEW YORK" around the bottom edge. In the center it is stamped "LOCKER 3" with the 3 being the same size as the "3" on the other side. Any ideas what the heck this is?? the brass has a nice patina on it.

One other cool thing.....One of the sealed sets he had was a 1999 Topps Traded set. I opened it and the auto was a Carl Crawford :-D What are the odds of that!!!!!!

Ill work on getting some pictures up at some point.

Last edited:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
That would be nice ....because
121054d1231181462-coral-star-dec-26th-jan-1-thread_is_worthless.jpg

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Those Danbury Mints could be worth something - I would try look them up on eBay before passing them off, just in case.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
Thanks BG.

FF...... i found a set on ebay. Sold for 122 bucks. Go figure. Still no info on that babe ruth brass medallion thing

Members online

Latest posts