Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Prestige Review- 18 box break at LCS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I was very skeptical coming in as I have hated the last couple of years of Prestige designs. This year the base rookies look a lot like old Contenders rookies than anything. It is a much better design. The rookie patch autos are also very nice.

Likes about the set

1. Good selection of rookies, it isn't Bowman sig but that is ok since you have less no names and never weres in it.
2. Design is much improved on base set.
3. Not parallel happy. Only Gold, Blue, Green and Black levels of parrallels, is a welcome refrain from Pannini.
4. On card autos in some designs, hey there are some on card autos.
5. Patch autos have some very good patches and a nice clean design.
6. Alternate version of base RC's actually look cool and seem very tough to get especially auto'd versions.

Dislikes

1. Way to many different designs for rookie autos. There are 5 different cards of most good rookies in this set and all come with autos. Also some of the designs are redundent and fugly.
2. On card autos on some designs and not others. The base autos are all stickers (ones that I saw) but the on card autos for Luck and Griffin are on the other designed cards, some pretty ugly.
3. Numbering of single color jersey cards and but not numbering prime jersey patches of stars and rc's. I saw a few very nice patch cards pulled with no serial numbers but many mono colored jerseys numbered. Makes no sense and hurts resale value on these tougher to pull patches.
4. It may just have been our boxes, but zero Lucks and Griffins autos pulled in over 1 case of product. This makes for not much fun at the LCS.

Overall I would give the product a rating of 7 out of 10. Thanks Panini for getting rid of the crappy design (even if you did rip off contenders) and for giving us some cool patches to chase early into 2012.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I busted two boxes and did okay. As a Colts collector I was happy to pull a Luck extra points /999 and a Coby Fleener auto.

But here's my question... do you guys honestly think that any higher numbered Luck auto will stay at $200? I know some of those variations are going for $130 but even that seems high. Once more product comes out I'm thinking the overall cost will come down on his stuff.

Either way, being a Colts collecter has always been expensive.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
No even the variation autos are going under 200 soon. I think it will be a 125 base auto with the variation about 175 max soon. The Rookie Patch cards may stay high until similar on card versions start showing up.

I am more interested in seeing what base Chrome autos will bring out of the gates, I am guessing 300 for each depending on how each is faring.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
No even the variation autos are going under 200 soon. I think it will be a 125 base auto with the variation about 175 max soon. The Rookie Patch cards may stay high until similar on card versions start showing up.

I am more interested in seeing what base Chrome autos will bring out of the gates, I am guessing 300 for each depending on how each is faring.
I wouldn't be shocked at all. Hell, even Newton base chromes are still selling for $200

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
The hobby is really ready for TC to come out. Every dealer I know is trying to up their orders but Topps is saying it's sold out and sorry. This is good, they haven't fired up the presses. But we will see. I would love it if they did on card autos in Hobby and Sticker autos in Retail like they did for this years bowman.

Members online

Latest posts