Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wonder how long til Bauer changes his tune.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Catcher/Pitcher rifts happen. It's a part of the game.

(Lincy doesnt throw to Posey.)

However, Bauer's attitude needs to tone down from that article

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Wow, for all the crap we give guys like Braun and Harper and other "egos", I don't know if I've ever actually heard a professional talk like that. Sounds like a little XXXXX.

Trevor "Lllllllittle B!tch" Bauer

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I dont think it's that big a deal. He seems like an odd dude, probably has the pitch selection to match. They'll get familiar with one another and, as he said, will find a middle ground with Montero

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I dont think it's that big a deal. He seems like an odd dude, probably has the pitch selection to match. They'll get familiar with one another and, as he said, will find a middle ground with Montero

What about what Montero said? He didn't even know there was supposed to be a meeting between the two. I think he might need an attitude adjustment to say the least.

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
Drammmmmaaaa Quueeennn

It'll change the tune of your coach quickly...

4th of July on ESPN/Rotowire:

Bauer gave up seven runs -- six earned -- on six hits over 3.1 innings while striking out four and walking four against the Padres on Tuesday night.
Spin:
He struggled with his command again, ultimately enabling the Padres to sit back on his fastball when his secondary pitches weren't finding the strike zone. Bauer should have enough leash to make a few more starts before the D-Backs consider sending him back to Triple-A, as manager Kirk Gibson recently indicated that they intend to leave Bauer in the rotation for the rest of the season.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Maybe we get to see a bench fight like the Giants or Yankees teams of old. Bauer sounds like a spoiled brat who thinks he knows more than anyone else. Actually he sounds a little like Lincecum did when he came up, except Lincecum just got questioned over his pitching style not results, which were awesome.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I'd say Montero definitely has to know hitters better. He's been playing in the majors for a while now. But on Bauer's behalf, he also has to do what works for him too. It really does sound like they need to get on the same page, and maybe he was a little pissed off and spoke too soon and too much. Maybe that was his greatest fault.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Kirk Gibson said it perfectly:

"If he continues to have bad results, he will change," Gibson said. "If not, he won't be here. It's no different than anybody else.

So he'll either have great results and look like a jerk and genius, have bad results and change of heart and succeed off his potential, or have bad results and never learn to adjust and flame out in 2 years.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
On a side note, maybe it's just the former pitcher in me, but I don't see anything wrong with what he said. He just should've said it to Montero, or at the very least Gibson, and not the media.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
"I throw completely different in the sense that I don't try to throw to hitters' weaknesses, I throw to my strengths,"

If this is what he thinks then he's an idiot. So much for scouting reports.

Last edited:

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
I am so glad we don't have this guy on our team as a cancer, sounds similar to Randy Wolf who needs a personal catcher in Kottaras. Yeah that 6 ERA is working great Randy, man George K is doing wonders.

darkman

Aug 7, 2008
I hope he gets shelled too... Why are questioning Montero's knowledge of hitters? Cause Trevor Bauer said to? He has caught Hudson and Kennedy who both had great years last year

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
I am so glad we don't have this guy on our team as a cancer, sounds similar to Randy Wolf who needs a personal catcher in Kottaras. Yeah that 6 ERA is working great Randy, man George K is doing wonders.

What is Wolf going to do when Lucroy comes back and they either trade or designate Kottaras for assignment?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
What is Wolf going to do when Lucroy comes back and they either trade or designate Kottaras for assignment?

They'll send Maldonado back down. He'll only be a young 26 when the season starts next year, and the back-up job is his. Kottaras will be traded with one year of arb left. Wolf probably isn't coming back and we'll buy out his contract for the 1.5 Mil. Wolf is doubly gone if Fiers and Estrada perform for the rest of the season.

Members online