Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

4 Day All-Star Break?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
I could be wrong, but I thought all previous years the players only received a 3 day All-Star break. Am I off my rocker or is this something new they applied to this year?

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
You are right, in past years there had been a few Thursday games.

Good luck on selling your Ichiro; hope you get some good bids.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
You are right, in past years there had been a few Thursday games.

Good luck on selling your Ichiro; hope you get some good bids.

Ha, maybe that's a good thing. The Brewers can't lose when they have a day off. :p

Thank you. Hope so. Will be sad to see it go, but if I can fund some new PC cards out of it, it all works out.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I was sad and wondered what was up with that too. The day before and the day after the AS Game have always been my least favorite days of the baseball season. This extra day off definitely tops those two days though. Sigh.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
The ESPYs are tonight. Having no Thursday games allows a few players to attend and not have to rush to the city where they play next.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I honestly had no idea the AAA ASG is tonight. I wonder if it will be on mlb.com? It was nice that the HR Derby was shown, but they blacked out the AS game so I had to watch it on TV. With rabbit ears. It sucked. It was fun to see Verlander get lit up like that though! :eek:

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
No one is excited to see the AAA All Star game tonight and Starling Marte?

of course I"m excited for the AAA all-star game - Isotope players John Ely, Josh Wall and Tim Federowicz!

for anyone who XXXXXes about the 4 MLB Off-days, there is always MILB! lower levels were playing monday/tuesday/wednesday and the AAA All-Star Game on Wednesday and the triple-a'ers return to action thursday.

Plenty of baseball to keep me occupied on the tube/stream while the MLB'ers have 4 days off. Don't know why the national sports talk radio have to hammer home the point that wed/thurs are the most boring days in sports when they can point to baseball being played across the country within a hour or two of most people and most definitely can be watched on tv/internet stream.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts