Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yankees Spring Training Pics and Results(Arod and Tex autos)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prospector93

Feb 17, 2009
So today I took the trip for Fort Myers up to Tampa to Steinbrenner Field. We arrived at around 8:30 thinking it started at 9 only to hear it wouldnt untill 10:30 because it was picture day. This ended up being good so we got a front row seat down the 1st base line. When Ive gone to the Yankees in the past ive never really gotten much auto wise. But today I felt lucky so I threw in two OMLBs. I was down the first base side and Arod walks over and starts to sign and everyone mobs him. I ended up getting him sweet spot but he would only use a black pen that he had. Then seconds later Mark Texeira walks over and starts signing and I get him OMLB. This was a great day and I cant wait to head to Devil Rays and Twins in the coming Days.

Oh and to those of you interested in Jesus Montero. The dudes a beast. They have him listed at 6'4" 220! He looked solid at the plate catching the big leaguers and getting tips from Jorge. He was around the big MLB guys the whole day so this is a good sign.

Here are the pics of the autos and some small low res pics from photobucket.

Tex and Arod
Picture462.jpg

CC!
Picture410.jpg
Picture427.jpg
Joba
Picture440.jpg
BurnettPicture398.jpg
ARod
Picture372.jpg
Picture386.jpg
Tex
Picture450.jpg
Picture455.jpg
Tino and Tex
Picture460.jpg
Jeter
Picture369.jpg
Monterooooo!
Picture417.jpg

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Re: Yankees Spring Training Pics and Results

Wow, very cool. Both sigs look really nice. And I didn't realize Montero was that big.... dang.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota

Nice pictures man! I'm not a yankee fan, but those are some great auto's and pictures. Maybe check out the Twins tomorrow if you're still in Ft. Meyers

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY

nice to see Arod smiling and in a good mood despite whats going on. Awesome pickups Montero is tremendous he should be amazing

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Montero got alot bigger. When I saw him with Charleston vs. Lakewood last august they had him 6'3 210 I believe. Nice to see him shaping up!

prospector93

Feb 17, 2009

wolfmanalfredo said:
Nice pictures man! I'm not a yankee fan, but those are some great auto's and pictures. Maybe check out the Twins tomorrow if you're still in Ft. Meyers
I sure will. Twins is always a great place to get autos and check out the team.

colts1888 said:
nice to see Arod smiling and in a good mood despite whats going on. Awesome pickups Montero is tremendous he should be amazing
Yeah he was in a great mood. Seemed like he was trying to kiss up to fans by signing.

tide12champrings said:
Montero is going to be solid. Does He look 19 or 25?
He does look quite matured for his age I must say.

caseya10781 said:
Wow, very cool. Both sigs look really nice. And I didn't realize Montero was that big.... dang.
Thanks man appreciate it. Hes one big dude.

Adam G

Jan 25, 2009
Very nice! Congrats on the autos! One day I'm going to hit up ST every year and camp out on the beach until April.
I missed A-Rod a couple of years ago at ST by about 30 seconds, and then he threw his batting gloves into the crowd and one of them got hung up on top of a chain linked fence. I almost jumped over a group of 10 year olds to grab it, but I thought that would be really jerkish of me, so I let the kids climb the fence and snag it. Would've been a nice souvenir, but I would've hated myself for doing it.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Incredible day! I didn't realize anyone was still allowed to sign on the sweetspot these days!

prospector93

Feb 17, 2009
Brewer Andy said:
Incredible day! I didn't realize anyone was still allowed to sign on the sweetspot these days!

Thats a good point. I really wasnt expecting sweet spot with the amount of people so I let it go and so both went sweet spot and I was happily surprised.

Members online