Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which Current Players Under 30 do you believe will be HOF'ers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chipperjfan10

Mar 31, 2011
For me i actually dont see that many, alot of our great players got late starts Id say the only locks so far are Miguel Cabrer and Justin Verlander to me there are other stars but we have to see how they perform later hence robbie cano. What do you guys think? Also I dont believe Braun should be a HOF'er due to steroid use.

aluckypull

Jul 8, 2012
Louisiana
I think Ian Kinsler has a good shot at the hall, with his power at the plate and his defense skills. All that said he needs to stay healthy for another 6-10 years.

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
Matt Kemp
Stephen Strasburg
Clayton Kershaw
Mike Trout
Bryce Harper
Starlin Castro

Granted, there isn't that much to go by with these guys so far. But, if their production continues the way it has been so far, they will all make it.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
nobody really. you can't even begin to make an assessment until players hit 30's. baseball is a sport where it takes milestones unlike other sports (i.e. 3000 hits, 500-600 hrs, 300 wins, etc. ) where you can get in on strength of NBA titles; super bowl MVP's etc. it's all guesswork before you come close to these milestones.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
nobody really. you can't even begin to make an assessment until players hit 30's. baseball is a sport where it takes milestones unlike other sports (i.e. 3000 hits, 500-600 hrs, 300 wins, etc. ) where you can get in on strength of NBA titles; super bowl MVP's etc. it's all guesswork before you come close to these milestones.
At 29, Cabrera is basically there without playing another game. I think it's pretty safe to assume he'll get there. Regardless, the whole idea of the thread is to speculate, so why not join the fun...

Regarding Braun, I think that people are taking a perspective from today and assuming things will be the same 15-20 years from now when he'd be on the ballot (assuming he maintains a level of play to warrant being on the ballot.) As it is there are many who currently would have no problem voting him in (honestly although some might act otherwise, I think that most would have to go along with the dismissed ruling and therefore assess him as if nothing happened.) In 15-20 years from now I would be surprised if numerous players who were found to have used steroids are in the Hall, and people are viewing the situation completely differently. (Personally, the fact that he's been clean every other of the dozens of tests, and that test was so far from the norm it was the highest ever, has me looking at it skeptically, even though I have no clue what actually happened.) By then IMO if Braun never tests positive again and continues on the trajectory he is on, he has a very good chance.

David Wright is another guy I think warrants attention here. He's closing in on 1500 hits, and seems to have gotten his career back on track. Already a 6 time All-Star with close to 200 career homers. If this is the halfway point in his career (he's played the equivalent of 8 seasons) his numbers could very well get him in.

Robinson Cano - Already has a career WAR over 30 at second base. Probably the second best hitter (after Utley) at the position over the last half decade. Should end the season with close to 1500 hits, and already has over 300 doubles and over 160 homers. 2nd basemen tend to wear down, but the expectation for career numbers at the position is also lower.

Another guy who I believe could turn it around is Hanley Ramirez. His numbers for a few seasons were insane, and he's still young. Some may think I'm crazy, but was he more lost than David Wright last season?

When it comes to pitchers, especially those who have seen great success at a young age, I get a little leery. Historically, many of the greatest pitchers took time to develop, while some of the studs right in the beginning ended up fading (Gooden, Valenzuela etc.)

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I also think it's silly to say that Braun won't get in because of steroid use. By the time he's on the ballad, Arod will already be in, Bonds and Clemens will be in... nobody will even remember the test that Braun didn't fail.

I agree about the pitchers, it's hard to say. It's really hard cheering for a pitcher, you never know when he'll go all Tim Lincecum on ya. Or all Jason Jennings on me. :oops:

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
While serving as an extra on "Back to the Future", I was able to steal the future sports guide, so I don't even need to guess...I know.

The Hall of Fame will shut it's doors to new members due to it's purchase by the Church of Scientology in 2025. The only player in the Church at that time was Ryan Sweeney who joined the Church in 2015. Therefore, Ryan Sweeney is the last and final member inducted to the Baseball Hall of Fame. It no longer is a museum, instead a closed upstate New York campus after the Church was kicked out of California.

Shocking.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
I think the most obvious name is Cabrera. I also think Braun, Fielder, and Cano will get in but Wright and Ramirez won't. In terms of pitchers, I think Verlander and King Felix will get in. Back to Cano for a second and his over 30 WAR prior to age 30. While I think he'll get in, compare that to Lou Whitaker's WAR before age 30 (37.3). Whitaker finished with a WAR of 71.4 and didn't even sniff the HOF on the BBWAA ballot.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
Andruw Jones was a shoo-in for the HOF at age 29. He had 342 HRs, 1023 RBIs, a war of 55.6, 9 straight Gold Gloves, and was arguably the best defensive CF of all time. And then he signed with the Dodgers, and batted .158 with 3 HRs and 14 RBIs in 75 games.

Donnie Baseball had an OPS+ of 144 with a WAR of 32.2 through age 28, including a batting title, an MVP award, and 5 straight Gold Gloves.

On the other end of the spectrum, Phil Niekro was just 31-27 for his career when he turned 30. He won 287 games after his 30th birthday (and had 2999 Ks).

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
I'll agree with David Wright. I think next year will be the key. He seems to have adjusted his game to Citi Field.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Just curious what your guys' take on Mauer is. He's healthy this year and is in the top 5 in batting for the AL and leads the AL in OBP. Does it depend on how many games he is able to play at catcher?

AK11

May 24, 2010
IF Evan Longoria does not become injury prone, he has an opportunity to be a Ron Santo type of player for his era. If he can keep an avg of 270ish, 25 HR, 100 RBI, along with ASG and Gold Gloves, then there is something to work with. This is year 5 that will be shortened by injury, but if he stays healthy like his first 4 years, then maybe since he started his career at age 22 which I usually consider the cut-off. I can only hope...

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
David Price. 3 AS Teams by 26, only now coming into his own, playing in the toughest division in baseball. About to be the ace of the Braves when he is an FA. Looks to be on that track.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Just curious what your guys' take on Mauer is. He's healthy this year and is in the top 5 in batting for the AL and leads the AL in OBP. Does it depend on how many games he is able to play at catcher?

He's a pretty unique situation. Catchers simply do not win batting titles... other than Mauer. It seems like it will all be a matter of health though he likely will never have crazy counting stats.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Cabrera- Manny Ramirez without the Steroid and headcase issues.
Cano-Think Jeff Kent with better D
Verlander- Reminds me of a Jim Palmer who should win 250-275 games
Braun- If he remains clean he should get in on the 2nd ballot.
Kershaw- He will be this eras Steve Carlton
Trout- He will be measured against the greatest of the game, that's how high I am on him. People will be wondering who is the next Mike Trout for decades.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
David Price. 3 AS Teams by 26, only now coming into his own, playing in the toughest division in baseball. About to be the ace of the Braves when he is an FA. Looks to be on that track.

that would be fantabulous if Price becomes the Ace of me Braves. But he's a skillion years away from mentioning him as a potential HOF er

Members online

Latest posts