Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This Week's Hot List is Live!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Enjoyed the list and commentary. While I agree that a new Simpsons set would do well, there are a few out there.

140.jpg

140.jpg

140.jpg

140.jpg

140.jpg

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
and wow, boxes of the Simpsons sell rather well [phil]200688513771[/phil] [phil]190687688302[/phil] and [phil]230780935496[/phil]

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Non-sports cards are at a certain interesting point right now. For years they've had autographs, and they started putting in costume/wardrobe cards for TV and movie sets. I have a Katie Sackhoff BSG auto/flight suit card that is a huge guilty pleasure for me. But Rittenhouse Archives and the like are coming out with some pretty interesting sets, especially since they got into doing HBO series. Game of Thrones came out a little while ago, and I can see the autos from that getting up to LOTR demand in a fairly short order (the SSP autos from the movie sets get into hundreds of dollars). True Blood's coming out shortly. There's also Dexter, Big Bang Theory, and Walking Dead, among others that I don't even know about. Seinfeld and Simpsons with all the modern card bells and whistles would be awesome indeed. I'd also love Community and Breaking Bad.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Non-sports cards are at a certain interesting point right now. For years they've had autographs, and they started putting in costume/wardrobe cards for TV and movie sets. I have a Katie Sackhoff BSG auto/flight suit card that is a huge guilty pleasure for me. But Rittenhouse Archives and the like are coming out with some pretty interesting sets, especially since they got into doing HBO series. Game of Thrones came out a little while ago, and I can see the autos from that getting up to LOTR demand in a fairly short order (the SSP autos from the movie sets get into hundreds of dollars). True Blood's coming out shortly. There's also Dexter, Big Bang Theory, and Walking Dead, among others that I don't even know about. Seinfeld and Simpsons with all the modern card bells and whistles would be awesome indeed. I'd also love Community and Breaking Bad.

Absolutely! The cult followings that some of these shows have very much mirror the followings of sports teams in quite a few ways. The one thing I don't know is say you went down the Seinfeld set road - how much would guys like Jerry Seinfeld, Jason Alexander, Michael Richards etc. charge for their autographs and if it was a lot would that make the set not feasible to produce.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts