Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Milb Daily Performances Thread - 7/18

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
The Southern, South Atlantic and Pioneer Leagues have the day off.

Today's notables include:

Trevor May
Deck McGuire
Sonny Gray
Jed Bradley
Daniel Norris
Jeurys Familia
Luis Heredia
Robbie Ray
Archie Bradley
Liam Hendriks
Nick Tropeano
Tyler Skaggs
Victor Sanchez

and the Matchup of the Day -- Dan Straily vs. Danny Hultzen

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I'm not certain what's happened to Trevor May this season, but command appears to be at the root of his problems.

Today - 5 IP, 3 H, 6 R, 8 BB, 6 K.

He has now walked at least four in his past four starts.

(That's my "quality" post of the day.)

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
I'm not certain what's happened to Trevor May this season, but command appears to be at the root of his problems.

Today - 5 IP, 3 H, 6 R, 8 BB, 6 K.

He has now walked at least four in his past four starts.

(That's my "quality" post of the day.)

He should maybe be a little less "DJ" and a little more pitcher.

Seems like all he talks about lately is his work as a DJ....

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
From Mike Curto's blog..(voice of the Rainers)

http://rainierscurto.wordpress.com/

[h=2]Prospect Showdown![/h]We have a pitching prospect showdown tonight at Cheney Stadium. Tacoma starts Danny Hultzen, the No. 2 pick in the draft last year, against Sacramento “pop-up prospect” Dan Straily.
Hultzen you know all about – the press has been following him, and we’ve been writing about him here. After dominating at Double-A Jackson, the left-hander makes his fifth Triple-A start tonight. He’s struggled to find consistency in Triple-A, but there have been moments in every game where he has looked outstanding.
Straily is the wild card. He’s what they call a “pop-up prospect” because he wasn’t on a lot of observers radar coming into this season – but he’s got everybody’s attention now. Straily leads all of minor league baseball with 154 strikeouts, and he’s done that in just 118.1 innings.
Straily opened the season with Oakland’s Double-A Midland affiliate, where he made 14 starts and had a 3.38 ERA with 108 strikeouts and 23 walks in 85.1 innings. He was promoted to Sacramento in late June, and in five starts for the River Cats he has a 1.09 ERA with 46 strikeouts in 33 innings.
I asked Sacramento radio guy Johnny Doskow about Straily, and he said he works in the low-90s with his fastball, but can throw four different pitches for strikes in any count.
This is going to be a good one tonight.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
OF Jorge Soler will make his pro debut Thursday with #Cubs as DH for the AZ Rookie League team in Mesa

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Archie Bradley - 5 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 4 BB, 5 K

Sonny Gray (much better) - 7 IP, 8 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Sonny Gray's last two starts: 12.1 IP, 12H, 0R, 8K, 5BB. 17-7 gb/fo. Hopefully starting to realize he can pitch to contact and not have to K everyone.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Hultzen vs. Straily is everything I thought it would be so far.

Hultzen - 4 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 6 K

Straily - 4 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 5 K

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts