Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How Will Trevor Bauers Windup last in the MLB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
If his windup proves to be the cause of his command problems, the D'Backs could possibly get him to tweak it a bit. I don't see them giving it a fundamental overhaul, though.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
People initially said Lincecum's windup would never work and that it needed to be changed immediately.

2 Cy Young's later he's doing just fine...overall...definitely not this season...you get it.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
People initially said Lincecum's windup would never work and that it needed to be changed immediately.

2 Cy Young's later he's doing just fine...overall...definitely not this season...you get it.

Lincecum never had the control problems that Bauer has did he? I was thinking Lincecum's delivery criticism was more directed at the notion that it would lead to injuries later on.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Lincecum never had the control problems that Bauer has did he? I was thinking Lincecum's delivery criticism was more directed at the notion that it would lead to injuries later on.

You do bring up a point but remember that Bauer's had 4 big league starts.

Control is an issue now, but give him some more time before saying he needs to adjust his delivery

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
And he had the exact same mechanics in college and his command and control were fine. I think it more mental coupled with him trying to be too cute. He needs to focus on three or four pitches and mastering them instead of trying to throw nine.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
And he had the exact same mechanics in college and his command and control were fine. I think it more mental coupled with him trying to be too cute. He needs to focus on three or four pitches and mastering them instead of trying to throw nine.

I never watched Bauer pitch in college so I don't have a basis there, however he hasn't had very good command all year in the minors. In fact, that's about the only knock I have ever read on his pitching. I do think he will be fine, but he does seem to have a bit of an ego that he will have to get past. I bought a buttload of his stuff from draft but sold it all the week before he was called up.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Glad they didn't wait too long for this, I was afraid they'd just stick with him all year. Definitely needs some seasoning in the minors, glad I don't have to watch 8 wild pitches/walks/errant pick off throws a game now.

Not that I'm not excited for his future and his potential, but now is not the time for that. AZ might not really have a shot at a playoff spot, but there is still some small hope, so no need for Bauer to be stinking it up every 5 days here.

danimal

Dec 28, 2009
I have a feeling his command may have always not been great. I imagine MLB'er and upper level minor leaguers take more close pitches and don't help pitchers out as much. I think higher level hitting is just exposing his flaws. He may have been able to blow hitters away in college and in the low minors but now in the MLB those swings that were misses by lesser hitters are now HRs. #GiveMeThatUserAward

Members online