Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Buy, sell, or hold Jurickson Profar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
I'm sitting on two raw chromes, three gems, and a raw refractor that I got in for less than a third of what they get now, but in general is he a buy, sell, or a hold?

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
sell
001-1-1.jpg

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Is there any chance he gets called up this year? He seems like the perfect kind of guy who, with a strong finish in the minors, will sit there and just rise steadily all winter.

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
I've got ~20 autos between Chrome and Elite and I think my plan is to slowly piece them out to make some profit while hedging against being completely sold out and him having a huge pop when he gets called up.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
His stuff is just going to keep going up, even if he doesn't get the call. I bet come BA 100/ Spring Training, his stuff will jump.

RyanW

Dec 5, 2011
begin selling them slowly one at a time

[h=2]Prospecting Bowman 2012[/h] Check us out at http://www.baseballcardprospector.com

Jurickson Profar, Xander Bogaerts and the Boston Fan Base

Categories: Uncategorized
by RyanW
July 19, 2012

Several Mid-Season prospects updates have been released recently. I am happy to see that my Ranger, Jurickson Profar is at or near the top of all of them. However, to me it means that it is time to begin the sell phase for Mr. Profar. He is officially getting hyped for the true stud and future superstar he is and his card prices have reflected that. For those of us that got in early on Profar it’s a nice time to start reaping some profits. Don’t get me wrong, this probably isn’t the absolute peak for Profar, he still likely has more run in his prices if and when he performs at AAA and gets his call up, but for Prospectors the safe exit point is beginning now as you can’t get better than Number one on Keith Law’s prospect list. Sell some Profar now and slowly continue the disposition as you watch prices continue to rise (and avoid a potential injury or regression). Let’s hope he doesn’t pull a Teheran on us.
When I chose to buy into Profar, he really had everything going for him you want to see as a prospector.
1. He played a premium position
2. His tools were great and his upside was phenomenal on the field.
3. He hadn’t received a ton of hype from the big Prospect lists.
4. He played for a Big Market (Boston, New York, Chicago, LA/San Fran, Dallas/Fort Worth and to a slightly lesser extent St. Louis) I think playing for a big market team is the single most important driver other than a player’s talent…see Jackie Bradley Jr.
5. He was dominating much older competition- this is what stars do!
Using these key ideas and applying them to the 2012 Bowman Chrome Auto Crop I see a handful of hitters that profile for prospectors like Profar (Taveras, Bell, Bogaerts). For me the guy to stock up on is Xander Bogaerts. Taveras is probably a better talent but his prices have already jumped a ton.

Xander on the other hand can be bought for the following as this post:
Refractors: $40-55
Blues: $125-$135
1. Plays a premium position: He plays SS- but will probably move to 3b
2. His tools were great and his upside was phenomenal on the field. Scouts rave about his easy power!
3. He hadn’t received a ton of hype from the big Prospect lists. Keith Law has him at 29. Sickels has him much higher.
4. He played for a Big Market (Boston, New York, Chicago, LA/San Fran, Dallas/Fort Worth and to a slightly lesser extent St. Louis) I think playing for a big market team is the single most important driver other than a player’s talent…see Jackie Bradley Jr. He plays for the most rabid baseball card collecting fan base!
5. He was dominating much older competition- this is what stars do! Xander is mashing as 19 year old in the Carolina League
check out a recent article http://www.nesn.com/2012/07/xander-b...o-soriano.html
I’d love to hear your comments about Xander.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Anthony-the best odds are holding.

This kid will be the #1 prospect for everyone come the offseason-KLaw had Bundy, but switched-BA is going to do the same. Ask yourself this: what will his base chrome auto fetch when he's the #1 ranked prospect by everyone come spring of 2013?

My guess is they get $100, if not more. I bought basically everything at the prices you did or lower-I think $100 is very, very reasonable. This kid is special.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
I got a BGS 10 blue auto, a gem refractor auto, 3 or so raw autos, 2 more at BGS and an elite. I had an gem elite #100 auto that I sold for $90 or so. My net cost is around $200. I dont see a call up this year. Unless Andrus gets hurt, let him spend the rest of the year at AA. Move Andrus in the offseason if he shows well in spring.

TopOffLikeWALLACE

Feb 11, 2010
HouStros
I got a BGS 10 blue auto, a gem refractor auto, 3 or so raw autos, 2 more at BGS and an elite. I had an gem elite #100 auto that I sold for $90 or so. My net cost is around $200. I dont see a call up this year. Unless Andrus gets hurt, let him spend the rest of the year at AA. Move Andrus in the offseason if he shows well in spring.

Andrus isn't moving for anyone. My best guess is Profar to 2b and Kinsler to the OF.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Well the Rangers do have salary constraints. Andrus will be expensive and Boras is his agent. Kinsler can handle 2nd just fine and loses value in a move to the OF. Andrus by himself would bring a bat or end of the rotation help. Playing GM, I would move Andrus.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Well the Rangers do have salary constraints. Andrus will be expensive and Boras is his agent. Kinsler can handle 2nd just fine and loses value in a move to the OF. Andrus by himself would bring a bat or end of the rotation help. Playing GM, I would move Andrus.

I will give you Justin Vargas and Brandon League.