Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Astros/Blue Jays 10-Player Trade (Incl. Asher Wojciechowski & Joe Musgrove)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Astros, Blue Jays Complete Ten-Player Trade
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 20 at 9:48am CST]
The Astros and Blue Jays have completed a ten-player trade, the teams announced. The Astros obtain seven players from Toronto: Francisco Cordero and Ben Francisco, minor leaguers Joe Musgrove, Asher Wojciechowski, David Rollins, and Carlos Perez, and a player to be named. The Astros send Brandon Lyon, J.A. Happ and David Carpenter to Toronto in the trade.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
WTF?????? That's crazy pie!

I hate to see Wojo and Perez go. Not quite sure what to make of the trade yet. Def. not a blockbuster since the best player is probably Happ. Very unexpected.

I am happy to see that Lunchbox is back with the Jays (hopefully to stay there FT).

Last edited:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Why would these two trade anything? Aren't they both out of the pennant race? Toronto maybe have an outside chance of a wild-card...wait no they don't :lol:

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Astros, Blue Jays Complete Ten-Player Trade
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 20 at 9:48am CST]
The Astros and Blue Jays have completed a ten-player trade, the teams announced. The Astros obtain seven players from Toronto: Francisco Cordero and Ben Francisco, minor leaguers Joe Musgrove, Asher Wojciechowski, David Rollins, and Carlos Perez, and a player to be named. The Astros send Brandon Lyon, J.A. Happ and David Carpenter to Toronto in the trade.

Love this trade for the Astros.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Zachary Levine ‏@zacharylevine
Asher Wojciechowski will move up from high A to Class AA (Corpus Christi) in the Astros organization.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Hopefully Guthrie will do a bit better in a pitcher's park.....good luck Rockies, you'll need it

Then again I just realized he played most of his career in Baltimore....ugh.

He gives up the long ball quite a bit, but for pitching on a horrible team and in the AL East, he did a very adequate job. Trust me, the's 20 times the improvement of Sanchez.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
After some time to let the trade sink in, it seems like the Jays paid a high price to get rid of Francisco^2. AA called it a "depth" trade. Happ will start in the pen for now. The trade also opens up a spot for Snider, who will be competing against Gose for a roster spot.
Perez, who was highly touted in 2010, has been ho-hum since then.
Musgrove has been injured but could be the best of the bunch going to Houston. Wojo's velocity has been down. Might end up in the pen.

Frow

He gives up the long ball quite a bit, but for pitching on a horrible team and in the AL East, he did a very adequate job. Trust me, the's 20 times the improvement of Sanchez.

My Pug is 20x the pitcher Sanchez is...I know cause he left his delivery on my bathroom scale today so at least one of them can get it over the plate. :D

I'm still not sure why the Jays did it, unless Baseball-Reference is lying to me Brandon Lyon is a FA in 2013 so 1/3 of the guys they received likely won't be in the org next year.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
No confirmation but it seems that Kevin Comer is the PTBNL in the deal. :(

Astros Acquire Comer To Complete Ten-Player Deal
By Mike Axisa [August 16 at 10:50am CST]
The Blue Jays have sent right-handed pitching prospect Kevin Comer to the Astros to the complete last month's ten player trade, the team announced. The original deal included Francisco Cordero, Ben Francisco, Brandon Lyon, and J.A. Happ, among others.

Comer, 20, was the 57th overall pick in the 2011 draft. He's pitched to a 3.95 ERA with 6.0 K/9 and 1.9 BB/9 in 43 1/3 innings in the low levels of Toronto's farm system this year. ESPN's Keith Law says (on Twitter) that Comer's fastball velocity has been down into the upper-80s this season. Baseball America ranked him as the 17th best prospect in the Blue Jays' system in their Prospect Handbook before the season.

Members online

Latest posts