Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lenny Dykstra - a sad story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Wow, had no idea the entire picture is like that. Strawberry needs to get a grip on reality as well; no way in hell should he be commenting on anyone's life choices

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Wow, its really sad. And yes its hilarious that Strawberry (Once my favorite player) is qualified to makes comments like that. However unlike Lenny it seems Darryl has his life relatively under control.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
This is a sad story... it does somewhat IMO ruin the entire 3 page story though with Strawberry commenting like he is a stand up guy or someone who doesn't have a past of his own.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I'm guessing that's the reason. And Strawberry has done some stuff, but it's not like he's already in prison for one thing and facing 20 more years for other stuff...

Yes, plus he is very active in raising money for charities and stuff like that. Coke head or not the guy is still involved and appears to be managing his life well.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
This is a sad story... it does somewhat IMO ruin the entire 3 page story though with Strawberry commenting like he is a stand up guy or someone who doesn't have a past of his own.

I understand this, but Straw is also in the position of understanding Dykstra's position better than most given his own life experiences.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I don't find it sad at all. Dykstra is a thief, plain and simple - I'm glad he got caught. Hopefully his time in prison will sober him up to the realities of the life path he was walking and give him incentive to change things around.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I don't find it sad at all. Dykstra is a thief, plain and simple - I'm glad he got caught. Hopefully his time in prison will sober him up to the realities of the life path he was walking and give him incentive to change things around.

Its sad at what he has become not that he is in jail. He deserves to be there.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
You guys might think I'm insensitive but I don't care. I don't consider this a "sad" story at all. Lenny deserves everything he has gotten...just like any other criminal. He has lied, stolen, cheated, and defrauded his way to becoming a POS human. He, by all accounts, was a terrible husband and a terrible father. The people he owes millions to are the ones I feel bad for. His own bad decisions led to his situation...not some uncurable disease, not a terrible accident or a natural disaster. He had more chances than any normal human would get and threw them all selfishly away.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
You guys might think I'm insensitive but I don't care. I don't consider this a "sad" story at all. Lenny deserves everything he has gotten...just like any other criminal. He has lied, stolen, cheated, and defrauded his way to becoming a POS human. He, by all accounts, was a terrible husband and a terrible father. The people he owes millions to are the ones I feel bad for. His own bad decisions led to his situation...not some uncurable disease, not a terrible accident or a natural disaster. He had more chances than any normal human would get and threw them all selfishly away.

I cannot disagree with this. He had millions given to him for playing a game. He had people willing to give him everything because of what he did for a living and he took advantage of nearly everyone that he came into contact with. He deserves to be in jail and the only people that we should be sad for is the people he screwed over.

Latest posts