Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whats your take on this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I know in the past, theres been opinions posted regarding is it right to buy a "steal" from someone.

So heres two made up scenarios, what would u do?

In each scenario, you DON'T know the dealer (obviously not a friend or even someone you have talked to in the past)

1. U walk into a small show & a dealer is selling a mint bcdp trout GOLD auto for $50.

2. you walk into a store & the dealer has a mint bc wil myers auto in his $5 box.

Is it your responsibility to educate the dealers & tell them?

But its their livelihood & they should know what is happening in their business?

Or maybe just tell them because its the "right" thing to do?

On the other hand, you aren't committing a crime, not lying to them and u are paying what they want, so fair game?

Last edited:

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I would buy everytime. The dealer sets their own prices. Its not my problem he cant keep up with prices. Now if it was a friend i would tell them.

Frow

There is no right answer or what is right or wrong. Different people have a different set of principles for different situations. For me I would have to see what the other variables were in the situation before I would make my decision.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Tough call sometimes to identify the difference between a steal and a ripoff. In the two examples you gave, I think it would be wrong to knowingly take the deals without first at least telling the person about the current pricing.

I never like the whole "it is up to them to know what they are selling" defense. Everyone makes errors and it is a cold person who will take severe advantage of someone else for personal gain.

Of all the deals I have gotten on ebay/wherever, the price I paid was less than prices I had seen previously, but not severely so.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Karma's a XXXXX. But with that said, nobody feels sorry for sellers looking to make a profit - unless as someone said above you know them personally.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts