Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Grading question on super rare card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I have a 1997 donruss studio "master strokes" jeter "executive" card. Its numbered xxxx/2000 but actual print run is 5-10.

Probably looking to sell it but first want to grade it, so heres the question.

It looks like a bgs 8.5-9.0, probably more towards 8.5 as theres some chipping on back.

If you were buying a card this rare (15 yrs old, 5-10 made) of a mega star player, would u rather buy an 8.5 OR "authentic"

Do u think "authentic" REALLY lowers the value?

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I had the Jeter jumbo Master Strokes executive proof briefly that matched it. I need to regular sized Thomas proof.

Keep the grade. Authentic always has negative connotations on modern cards.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Agreed. To me, "Authentic" usually connotes something like,"yes this is an actual card X made by company Y but it has been somehow altered from its original condition and therefore is either ungradable or would receive a very, very low grade." Collectors sophisticated enough to appreciate that kind of card would recognize that an 8.5 is probably just about the best you can expect and they'll be waiting a long time to find an upgrade, so might as well grab that one.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I had the Jeter jumbo Master Strokes executive proof briefly that matched it. I need to regular sized Thomas proof.

Keep the grade. Authentic always has negative connotations on modern cards.

Do you remember what it sold for?
Im leaning on selling it but also LOVE super rare stuff like this.

As for why grading it, if I sell it, more than likely itll be on ebay & want to avoid the million "what will it grade" questions ill get 24/7

Members online

Latest posts