Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bobby Cox Baseball Reference Page Sponsor Posts Negative Comment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Sponsorships are usually around $75-$100 for someone of Cox's stature. It's a weird system, starts high and then decreases a litttle each day until someone buys it. I used to sponsor Mark Grace way back in the day when it only cost me $20 for the year, but prices have really risen.

I remember seeing one other negative page, but can't remember who now. Must really hate the guy to spend it on that!

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Can you web-squat on those pages? Or does the premium rise with traffic? I.E., could I "prospect" a minor-leaguer's page if they get 1 or 2 ABs and then have an MLB page? It wouldn't be worth it if the cost increased with noteriety; but if someone wanted it and you owned it, i could see asking for a "fee" for giving it up.

Or is that too greedy for a fan to ask?

Frow

Jim Rice's page:

Fans of the 28 teams not named Red Sox (or Yanks) sponsor(s) this page.

Congratulations, Boston. You couldn't win a title, so you bought TWO - just like the Yanks. Open the wallet for Curt, Keith, and Johnny - end 86 years of frustration. 175M reasons never to whine about NYY. PS 2007: Open wallet for Beckett, Daisuke, Lowell

I saw that the other day, I was amused.

Can understand the Bobby hate, has gone to more championship games than any other American Sports team in history in consecutive years and they got one ring out of it. They're almost like the Buffalo Bills except they eventually got something for their problems and then dropped off afterwards.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Sponsorships are usually around $75-$100 for someone of Cox's stature. It's a weird system, starts high and then decreases a litttle each day until someone buys it. I used to sponsor Mark Grace way back in the day when it only cost me $20 for the year, but prices have really risen.

I remember seeing one other negative page, but can't remember who now. Must really hate the guy to spend it on that!

It was probably Andrew Jones who forked over the cash :lol:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Jim Rice's page:

Fans of the 28 teams not named Red Sox (or Yanks) sponsor(s) this page.

Congratulations, Boston. You couldn't win a title, so you bought TWO - just like the Yanks. Open the wallet for Curt, Keith, and Johnny - end 86 years of frustration. 175M reasons never to whine about NYY. PS 2007: Open wallet for Beckett, Daisuke, Lowell

"tmurray1996" sponsors that page.

I doubt it is who you think it is. :lol: I'll ask him today though

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
I've read quite a few negative sponsorships over the years. Not sure I find the humor in trolling people who can't respond showing their frustration. If anyone here wants to pay me $20 to piss off a bunch of Braves fans I'll gladly take your money and tell you I did it.

Members online

Latest posts