Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Building an app --- make requests for features!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamG

May 23, 2012
Hey guys and gals, I'm in the first stages of designing an app for minor league baseball stats, rankings, top performers, etc. the idea is that mobile users can follow players throughout the season, and based off performance, see how players compare to each other, as well as players from past years. I'm not sure how much this is going to cost me, or if I can even get enough interest to make it feasible. But if you have some ideas about what you'd like to see in an app, it would help me make a more user friendly product.

Thanks
adamg

P.S. please let me know if you prefer android or iOS platforms.

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
First off great idea, I'd definitely download this for my iPhone.

My suggestion would be having a "Your Players" page which you can add players that you are most interested in and track them easier instead of having to search them every day. This function is used on firstinning.com and I really like having all the players I'm interested in on one page so I don't have to check all the different box scores.

Good luck with this, I will be following your progress.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
There are places to easily get minor league stats, a real winner app would be one with NCAA stats since no one really does that.

AdamG

May 23, 2012
First off great idea, I'd definitely download this for my iPhone.

My suggestion would be having a "Your Players" page which you can add players that you are most interested in and track them easier instead of having to search them every day. This function is used on firstinning.com and I really like having all the players I'm interested in on one page so I don't have to check all the different box scores.

Good luck with this, I will be following your progress.

Thanks for the suggestion. One thing I am not sure of is where to pull live stats from. I like using first inning to track daily results but have no idea where they pull real time stats from. Anyone have any ideas?

AdamG

May 23, 2012
There are places to easily get minor league stats, a real winner app would be one with NCAA stats since no one really does that.

That's a good point, but I gotta take baby steps. I think there is a small but definite group of people that are interested in minor league stats and would like a quick reference for players progress as well as how they compare to others.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Very cool idea. Would like something like that for my iPhone. Baseball America already as an email but stats for the whole year in one place would he awesome. MLB or MiLB doesn't already have something similar?

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Only moderately related: I have several really, really good (and not overly difficult) ideas for a master sports cards app. If anyone ever wants to invest the time and money on something like that please DM me or something.