Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's going on with bowman platinum?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Boxes are pretty much over $100 (blowout has them @ $120} & every single distr. I deal with has none ( never happens with a reg. Priced product).

Its a nice product but certainly not great & certainly nothing which should explode.

I was told it was really under ordered which would explain its "scarcity" but I'm wondering if dealers are holding it back for the national.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Topps Company@toppscards Following Bowman Platinum redemptions have signed & ship! Marte,Pimental, Bogaerts, Ethier, Bruce, Thornburg, Dominguez,Weaver,Paxton, Nash

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
I laughed out loud when I read the email from my dealer last week telling about how they have Platinum boxes for $125 and they would be sold out at that price very soon!

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
Boxes are pretty much over $100 (blowout has them @ $120} & every single distr. I deal with has none ( never happens with a reg. Priced product).

Its a nice product but certainly not great & certainly nothing which should explode.

I was told it was really under ordered which would explain its "scarcity" but I'm wondering if dealers are holding it back for the national.

You can pull a Mike Trout Auto/Relic. Enough said.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Nothing like the Middle Man manipulating the pricing again.....Kind of like bcdp jumbos. Does anyone believe that they are sold out? Of course not, they are just saying they are, and will have 500 cases sitting their when the price is $150 a box. I am starting to get tired of this hobby. The second a product has and mother F-ing value, the price of wax skyrockets.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I just got quoted and max I can buy from one place is a 6ct case. Never understood why people do this. If I want 12-24-36, why not sell it.

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
each case at my LCS has had a pretty major hit (2 Cole Red Auto Redemptions, Harper Auto Patch /25, etc.) out of 5 cases, only one is left. crazy that this is being ripped at such a pace considering they got it on Weds.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Saw a case opened today with 3 1/1's (Matt Moore 1/1 auto, Tim Beckham "white whale" like plate auto relic, and a Christian Yelich plate) and 2 /5's (automic looking refractor of Cecchini and a jumbo patch of Michael Choice), plus a Trout relic auto, a Bowman Black and the regular load of autos and auto relics. Pretty loaded product this year with a strong class of rookies and prospects. The patches look especially nice. Still does not sell well on the secondary market (Trout, Harper, and a few others aside).

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
It's supposed to be a $100 per box product. Plus the hits are much improved from 2010/11.
The patches are huge. And Trout, Harper and Darvish of course help drive demand.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
My LCS is high sometimes on there wax. So I asked them what there price was on release they quoted me 100 a box. Well last night I asked them via-email and they
told me they have 5 cases left of this, and can't reorder. So they are asking 130 a box and I forgot what the case price was I deleted the e-mail.

I really like this years product, and I liked last years as well.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
My LCS is high sometimes on there wax. So I asked them what there price was on release they quoted me 100 a box. Well last night I asked them via-email and they
told me they have 5 cases left of this, and can't reorder. So they are asking 130 a box and I forgot what the case price was I deleted the e-mail.

I really like this years product, and I liked last years as well.

I have it for 120, for in store walkins.

Members online

Latest posts