Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My thoughts on the A-rod steroids issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ostrander111

Aug 7, 2008
PA
Okay, honestly... how in the world did anyone even find out about this??? These tests were supposed to be anonymous... but someone spilled the beans on someone that already had gotten a ton of heat from the media.. Also, he is one of two (him and Giambi) players who were honest enough to admit right off the bat that they used P.E.Ds. He should be commended for that at least... of course- its not right that he used steroids- but the fact that Selig is even CONSIDERING suspending him absolutely blows my mind. You cannot suspend someone who took steroids when there wasn't a drug policy and when it was discovered through "ANONYMOUS" tests... and lastly- all of his numbers should stand as is... he is still one of the best players in the history of baseball.

-Caleb

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I think what is interesting is they are still running with the story and now we have a ton of new facts spilling out.Facts that are going to make A-Rod look like he was telling even more lies even while supposedly admitting what he did.If I was him...I'd just say yeah I did it all and slink away into obscurity.

prospector93

Feb 17, 2009
I like what you said. Why is he any different then the other steriod users and why should he be suspended? It should either be all or none.

ostrander111

Aug 7, 2008
PA
predatorkj said:
I think what is interesting is they are still running with the story and now we have a ton of new facts spilling out.Facts that are going to make A-Rod look like he was telling even more lies even while supposedly admitting what he did.If I was him...I'd just say yeah I did it all and slink away into obscurity.

What more can he admit? He already said he used PEDs

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
prospector93 said:
I like what you said. Why is he any different then the other steriod users and why should he be suspended? It should either be all or none.

He won't be able to suspend A-Rod because then he'll have to bust Giambi, Pettit, and anybody else who admits it plus then he would have to get a copy of the other names, go down the list, and pop everybody still playing.The ensuing fiasco between Selig and the Players union would be like a 5 ring circus.

I also think its stupid to say wipe the record books clean.There are far too many variables in play to do that now.You would never be able to break it down to what exact performance was enhanced and what wasn't.Its to astronomically hard.

ostrander111

Aug 7, 2008
PA
predatorkj said:
prospector93 said:

He won't be able to suspend A-Rod because then he'll have to bust Giambi, Pettit, and anybody else who admits it plus then he would have to get a copy of the other names, go down the list, and pop everybody still playing.The ensuing fiasco between Selig and the Players union would be like a 5 ring circus.

I also think its stupid to say wipe the record books clean.There are far too many variables in play to do that now.You would never be able to break it down to what exact performance was enhanced and what wasn't.Its to astronomically hard.

Thats why he shouldn't be suspended.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
ostrander111 said:
You cannot suspend someone who took steroids when there wasn't a drug policy and when it was discovered through "ANONYMOUS" tests...

People need to start getting this right. MLB has had a drug policy since 1971 enacted by Bowie Kuhn. It stated that baseball personnel must "comply with federal and state drug laws." Law requires a prescription for use of anabolic steroids. In 1991 Fay Vincent adjusted the policy to specifically state that steroid use was prohibited without a valid prescription. All of this nonsense that steroids weren't outlawed by MLB is flat out wrong. The only thing MLB did not do is test for them.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
ostrander111 said:
predatorkj said:

Maybe you didn't personally watch his interviews or what he has said but I did.I also happen to see on espn that they are now reporting that some of the drugs he is claiming to have used were not available where he said they were and he was not receiving them how he said he was.Add that to the whole GNC cop out crap and he is making himself look like an even bigger liar.Especially since now he is clamming up.I hate it when they are dumb enough to open a can of worms and not even bother trying to put the lid on but just hoping to walk away like nothing happened.If your going to admit something then just tell the truth.That way there is no possible way anybody can expose you any further.I am not saying this out of hypocrisy but rather...this is what i would do if I was in his situation.,Right now he looks like an even bigger ******* than Bonds because at least Bonds made his mind up he wouldn't admit it.A-Rod is lying even now while is supposedly admitting things.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
ostrander111 said:
Also, he is one of two (him and Giambi) players who were honest enough to admit right off the bat that they used P.E.Ds.

I disagree with this statement. He admitted to it only because it came out that he did it. Let's not make it out like him admitting it was a great thing. Arod had the past experience of watching reactions to bonds vs. reactions to giambi, and admitting it became the easy choice.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
ru4scuba said:
ostrander111 said:
You cannot suspend someone who took steroids when there wasn't a drug policy and when it was discovered through "ANONYMOUS" tests...

People need to start getting this right. MLB has had a drug policy since 1971 enacted by Bowie Kuhn. It stated that baseball personnel must "comply with federal and state drug laws." Law requires a prescription for use of anabolic steroids. In 1991 Fay Vincent adjusted the policy to specifically state that steroid use was prohibited without a valid prescription. All of this nonsense that steroids weren't outlawed by MLB is flat out wrong. The only thing MLB did not do is test for them.

Bingo but you can't suspend one or two players in retrospect and leave the rest alone for fear of opening up an even bigger can of worms.Selig is a ******* plain and simple.Either go in hard or saunter off.

ostrander111

Aug 7, 2008
PA
predatorkj said:
ostrander111 said:
predatorkj said:

Maybe you didn't personally watch his interviews or what he has said but I did.I also happen to see on espn that they are now reporting that some of the drugs he is claiming to have used were not available where he said they were and he was not receiving them how he said he was.Add that to the whole GNC cop out crap and he is making himself look like an even bigger liar.Especially since now he is clamming up.I hate it when they are dumb enough to open a can of worms and not even bother trying to put the lid on but just hoping to walk away like nothing happened.If your going to admit something then just tell the truth.That way there is no possible way anybody can expose you any further.I am not saying this out of hypocrisy but rather...this is what i would do if I was in his situation.,Right now he looks like an even bigger ******* than Bonds because at least Bonds made his mind up he wouldn't admit it.A-Rod is lying even now while is supposedly admitting things.

Well at least he knew he "Wasn't taking tic-tacs" :lol:

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
He's getting himself in deeper and deeper every time he changes his story.A world class athlete like Arod should know what he's putting in his body,according to him he didnt even know they were steroids.Then he brings in a mystery cousin from D.R. If he would have just admitted he used them(knowingly) then it wouldnt be so bad.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
ostrander111 said:
Also, he is one of two (him and Giambi) players who were honest enough to admit right off the bat that they used P.E.Ds.

"For the record, have you ever used steroids, human growth hormone or any other performance-enhancing substance?" Couric asked.

"No," Rodriguez replied.

Asked if he had ever been tempted to use any of those things, Rodriguez told Couric, "No."

"You never felt like, 'This guy's doing it, maybe I should look into this, too? He's getting better numbers, playing better ball,'" Couric asked.

"I've never felt overmatched on the baseball field. I've always been a very strong, dominant position. And I felt that if I did my work as I've done since I was, you know, a rookie back in Seattle, I didn't have a problem competing at any level. So, no," he replied.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/12/ ... 7425.shtml

ostrander111

Aug 7, 2008
PA
Tomlinson21RB said:
ostrander111 said:

I disagree with this statement. He admitted to it only because it came out that he did it. Let's not make it out like him admitting it was a great thing. Arod had the past experience of watching reactions to bonds vs. reactions to giambi, and admitting it became the easy choice.

But the fact that they are still the ONLY players to admit it is what makes it SLIGHTLY commendable

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
predatorkj said:
Bingo but you can't suspend one or two players in retrospect and leave the rest alone for fear of opening up an even bigger can of worms.Selig is a ******* plain and simple.Either go in hard or saunter off.

No matter what, he needs to go in and enforce it evenly. Right now it is in his best interest to say the past is the past and baseball is moving forward and will strictly enforce the steroid ban.

ostrander111

Aug 7, 2008
PA
ru4scuba said:
predatorkj said:

No matter what, he needs to go in and enforce it evenly. Right now it is in his best interest to say the past is the past and baseball is moving forward and will strictly enforce the steroid ban.

THERE WE GO!!! Exactly what i was thinking!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Tomlinson21RB said:
ostrander111 said:

Except people are pissed off now because his story is about as believable as me telling my wife the dog ate our 55 inch flat screen television that hangs 9 feet in the air .Its sounding like a stupid cop out where he is sorry but has little if any balls to say what he really did or even have a straight story he sticks to.He is a dumb idiot and I never thought I'd be saying that about him but my God.I just figured he would be smart enough to either tell the truth or just shut up.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
Tomlinson21RB said:
ostrander111 said:

Same thing I was going to post.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
ru4scuba said:
predatorkj said:

True.But when he makes idiotic statements like A-Rod shamed the game and he is considering a suspension...I immediately notice he only singles A-Rod out which makes me have a real lack of respect for anything going through that mans brain.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
predatorkj said:
Except people are pissed off now because his story is about as believable as me telling my wife the dog ate our 55 inch flat screen television that hangs 9 feet in the air .Its sounding like a stupid cop out where he is sorry but has little if any balls to say what he really did or even have a straight story he sticks to.He is a dumb idiot and I never thought I'd be saying that about him but my God.I just figured he would be smart enough to either tell the truth or just shut up.

I personally believe that he continued to do steroids past 2003 and into his Yankee years. Since he was caught, he had to admit to it but I think he's trying to avoid admitting he did steroids while with the Yankees to avoid additional NY media/fan backlash and any financial repercussions from the Yankees organization (not sure if the Yankee can get some money back from his contract).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts