Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Now THIS is a Player Collection Accomplishment! 2003 Absolute Glass Plaques

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Holy schnikies I can't believe I found it...

In 2003, Playoff Absolute Memorabilia boxes shipped with one of the best "boxtoppers" ever, the etched glass plaques with auto/gu combination bases. These glass plaques were very sought after by player collectors.

My guy, Mark Grace, had 4 versions: jersey #/150, jersey/bat #/100, auto #/50, and auto/patch #/25. It so happened that soon after the product was released, I acquired the jersey #17/150 and the auto/patch #17/25, 17 being Grace's jersey number. A few years later, the jersey/bat #17/100 was listed and I bought it too. I always dreamed of finding the last one. This morning, it got listed and I quickly made a BO, then bought it on a counteroffer. I'm so excited to have all 4 versions #17/X! This is definitely one of my greatest player collection accomplishments.

Today's pickup:
plaque1.jpg

plaque2.jpg

Joins these:
03PAMGLASSBONUS150.jpg

03PAMGLASSBONUS100.jpg

03PAMGLASSBONUS25.jpg

Thanks for sharing in my excitement. If you have any 2003 PAM glass plaques of your own, I'd love to see them.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
That is a remarkable accomplishment!! Those glass plaques never really caught on, I think because of their size, but they really are great looking pieces for anyone who has space to display them.

dukedynasty2009

Jan 11, 2009
Newark, Ohio
I loved myself and had a bunch, I sold most of them off but still have a few! Including my Adam Dunns which are a part of my pc but I don't have pics yet!! Congrats those look great!

Sent from my PC36100 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Thats amazing. i pulled a kaz ishi jersey and jeter base. the jeter wasd damaged so they sent me a yogie berra as a replacement. this was years ago.ive always thought they were cool though.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Thats amazing. i pulled a kaz ishi jersey and jeter base. the jeter wasd damaged so they sent me a yogie berra as a replacement. this was years ago.ive always thought they were cool though.
Back when card companies gave a XXXX.....

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Thats just awesome to do that, not very easy. I love that you can desplay them and look at them with out having to dig in boxes all the time. Congrats!

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
In terms of "oddball" stuff these were some of the best. I haven't snagged any Oswalts yet, mostly because 99.9% of my collection is cards.
I would be a bit paranoid when displaying them; in that I would be afraid the glass would deteriorate and the piece would look poor over several years.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
In terms of "oddball" stuff these were some of the best. I haven't snagged any Oswalts yet, mostly because 99.9% of my collection is cards.
I would be a bit paranoid when displaying them; in that I would be afraid the glass would deteriorate and the piece would look poor over several years.

Ive had my Ishii and Berra displayed since i pulled them around 9 years ago. other than having to dust them they still look exactly the same.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Ive had my Ishii and Berra displayed since i pulled them around 9 years ago. other than having to dust them they still look exactly the same.

I agree, they display well and the bases are stable.

Which Berra version do you have? I have two. Pulled the #/150 and traded cards for the #/25.

berra03PAMGLASS150.jpg

berra03PAMGLASS25.jpg

Also have a Tony Gwynn and Junior Spivey from boxes I opened. The first box I ever opened, pulled a Pujols auto #/50 but sold it right away.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Amazing! As a guy who loves jersey # cards, and especially sets of them, I love to look at your new set. I was only able to pick up 1 Rickey, mainly because the shipping was always so much! Not that the plaques were ever cheap...

MOFNY, I worry about that, and the auto fading too... I don't display mine, I keep it hidden in its box in some other box in some tupperware somewhere. So much for not having to dig through boxes! :D

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Very nice collection. I received something similar as a gift, but it wasn't from this set, just a company making them and selling them and of course no autos or game used pieces on it. On mine, the base has LEDs that you can turn on that shines up through the glass and it looks really cool. I wish I was collecting when those came out though since I like to have stuff that I can display

Members online

Latest posts