Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How To Be An Effective Member Of A Sportscard Community (According to UD)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
They can't even be considered an effective manufacturer anymore, and they're lecturing US on effectiveness?

Some jokes write themselves.

dadofandrew

Aug 7, 2008
:D lol
eBay sales are not exactly what the card is worth! eBay prices are the lowest the card will go for because most often the sellers are looking to get money quick and not exactly what the card is worth. You can grab some great cards from eBay.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
"eBay sales are not exactly what the card is worth! eBay prices are the lowest the card will go for because most often the sellers are looking to get money quick and not exactly what the card is worth. You can grab some great cards from eBay"

:benson:

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
FCB won the award yet dont get a mention. I guess whomever wrote that mess likes to sort through 15 million sub forums to finally find the one you want...And then to find it has 7 new topics since 2011

Last edited:

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
FCB won the award yet dont get a mention. I guess whomever wrote that mess likes to sort through 15 million sub forums to finally find the one you want...And then to findit has 7 new topics since 2011

I was also thinking this.

I wonder how those three sites made the list, but not FCB

Didnt Chris mention a while back that we had an issue with UD now...or am I imagining that?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I'd never heard of CloutsnChara. It appears as though Panini, UD, and ITG post there directly.

The place is deserted. That being said, I like their software more than FCB's.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
The fact that they used CloutsNChara and SCF as examples made the blog post lose all credibility even before reading the content that was down below. The eBay shouldn't be used as a price guide shows just how out of touch with the hobby Upper Deck is.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
This is why UD sucks anymore! They pay idiots like this to sit around and make stupid blog posts instead of focusing on their product! Hello! You tools are months behind on your products but you have time for this garbage! Good Christ!

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Something you catch in a 3rd world country I believe. But I could be pronouncing it wrong.
Looks like it is mainly a hockey board. Probably in reference to Dan Cloutier and Zdeno Chara. Even on the "MLB" hobby thread all the posters have hockey banners. SCF and CnC make the Beckett abomination look great. To me the article read like every Yahoo article minus the spelling errors. It made my dumber for reading it....

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
That said... he did give some sound advice. I mean, the eBay thing was kind of a joke, but I'm sure the guys who set up at shows and own LCS's appreciated it. And there was the knock on Beckett... I was wondering if UD and Beckett were in some kind of fight. I would never have imagined one of the companies saying something bad about the people in charge of putting values on their products.

Members online