Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

hows yu darvish working out for ya?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Working out better than overpaying for the entire Yankee roster the last 2 years.

Darvish will be fine he was the best free agent pitcher on the market.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Better than Hideki Irabu and Kei Igawa, that's for sure.

Not every day you pay a guy $20 million to suck in AAA.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Working out better than overpaying for the entire Yankee roster the last 2 years.
Darvish will be fine he was the best free agent pitcher on the market LAST YEAR.

Just saying the Yankees pay alot of money for the entire team and its a failure if they don't win it all.
As much as I hate it. There is the Yankees and then everybody else, most dominate franchise in the history of professional sports.

They had to do something to replace CJ Wilson and Darvish was the best option they had.
Darvish may not be dominating but he is doing decent, fits in with the team and is capable of making adjustments and winning 14-16 games this year. May be not worth all the money he is getting but he is definetly not the only MLB player to NOT EARN his entire paycheck. Its not like they spent all 100 million this year he still has 5 more years on his contract and he is making 5.5 million this year. The posting fee was chicken scratch the owners just sold some oil and cattle to raise that money :)

Last edited:

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Anyone realized the other Japanese pitcher that came to the US is actually outpitching him lately for just over $1M?
Last start against the Blue Jays - Hideki Iwakuma - 8IP, 4H, 1R, 13 K's.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I'm kinda confused. Usually when Matt starts a thread it's geared towards his frustration with the Yankees...

Usually titled: " Hi, I'm (player name here) and the body of the text is sarcasm about the men in pinstripes.

What gives Matt?:lol:

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
Just saying the Yankees pay alot of money for the entire team and its a failure if they don't win it all.
As much as I hate it. There is the Yankees and then everybody else, most dominate franchise in the history of professional sports.

They had to do something to replace CJ Wilson and Darvish was the best option they had.
Darvish may not be dominating but he is doing decent, fits in with the team and is capable of making adjustments and winning 14-16 games this year. May be not worth all the money he is getting but he is definetly not the only MLB player to NOT EARN his entire paycheck. Its not like they spent all 100 million this year he still has 5 more years on his contract and he is making 5.5 million this year. The posting fee was chicken scratch the owners just sold some oil and cattle to raise that money :)

I have seen this written on these boards so many times... The word is DOMINANT.

STHendricks

May 3, 2010
MN
The train wreck from last night could've been avoided with a non-rushed, decent throw by Kinsler in the 3rd. It would've been an inning-ending double play and Darvish would've had a scoreless 3rd. The Angels ended up with 6 that inning.

He's a little too inconsistent for my liking and have contemplated dropping him from my fantasy team because he can destroy a guy's WHIP and ERA.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I think someone from the CDC needs to see where Yu Darvish and Tim Lincecum crossed paths as they both seem to have the same affliction.

Members online

Latest posts