Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay/Paypal Question Buyer from NY paid with a Canada address?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Sold 4 cards to a guy so I sent an invoice combining them and I offer free shipping in the US.

Guy pays today and when I went to paypal ship the items it comes up with a Canada address. The invoice was definitely sent to the NY address because it didn't say international shipping and need a charge, it just automatically sent the invoice with free shipping.

Thoughts on what to do here?

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Email the buyer and ask him whats going on. Then tell him that he needs to send over the shipping fees.

bja613

Jan 6, 2009
Norman, OK
This happened to me. I don't ship internationally and for some reason if you have them blocked on eBay, they can still send international Paypal payments. I also don't know if you are covered if something happens if you don't ship to the confirmed address in Paypal.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Should have updated this but forgot.

I emailed him saying I don't offer free shipping to Canada and he didn't seem to mind. Refunded him, resent an invoice and he repaid. We will see if anything more comes from this since I won't have any tracking but for now it seems ok.

Had just never seen that before. I don't block out of the US but I do ask that they email me because shipping is not free for them.

Members online

Latest posts