Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dan Straily Called Up to the A's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
The dude's a Cinderella story. Came out of nowhere (wasn't on any prospectors' radars last year) and is now the Milb K leader.

He has a Chrome base card, but no autos. Yet.

A's call up Straily; will make MLB debut Fri.
Athletics purchased the contract of RHP Dan Straily from Triple-A Sacramento.
Straily will make his major league debut on Friday night against the Blue Jays and could remain in the Oakland rotation for the stretch run if he's producing decent results. The 23-year-old right-hander had a 2.60 ERA and 175 strikeouts in 138 1/3 innings this season in the minors. He should be added in deeper mixed fantasy leagues. Travis Blackley has been moved to the 'pen.

Last edited:

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
I hate that I am so impatient sometimes. I had a ton of his stuff and then decided to sell everything off at the beginning of summer. Grrrr.

alwayson22

Dec 6, 2010
San Jose, CA
The dude's a Cinderella story. Came out of nowhere (wasn't on any prospectors' radars last year) and is now the Milb K leader.

He has a Chrome base card, but no autos. Yet.

Report: OAK calling up prospect Dan Straily
According to Jeff Fletcher of Bay Bridge Baseball, the Athletics are calling up prospect Dan Straily.
Straily has registered a superb 2.60 ERA, 0.97 WHIP and 175/37 K/BB ratio across 138 1/3 innings this season between Double-A Midland and Triple-A Sacramento. The 23-year-old right-hander will be worth owning in most fantasy leagues if he's going to be given a rotation spot. The A's have yet to make anything official.

I am very excited for Straily's arrival, but this gentleman below is a true Cinderella story ...

Members online