Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How does this card make it into a Best of anything product?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
I was watching a few youtube breaks from Cards Infinity and saw a 2 box break of Best of Baseball.... Not sure if this card should even be in the product in raw form ( $35 ).... let alone a BGS 8.5 with 8 Auto. I know you win some, you lose some and not every box can have a monster... but for a hand packed product??

Griffey.jpg

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
I'll pay 40 for this card..
That is low end for best of baseball.,
Let the seller know.. BG

Ps- over 175 cases of best of baseball were opened at the national for redemptions!!

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
BG- Constructive criticism here, as a sketch card collector, I would not insert Tempy Moore sketches into any more of your products. Kevin John and Pangan do great work, and the Moores just look very amateurish. There are some phenomenal sketch card artists out there would do some amazing stuff for you, and it would appeal to a whole new market as some of these artists have huge followings, look up Charles Hall, Katie Cook, and Sean Spence just to name a few.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
BG- Constructive criticism here, as a sketch card collector, I would not insert Tempy Moore sketches into any more of your products. Kevin John and Pangan do great work, and the Moores just look very amateurish. There are some phenomenal sketch card artists out there would do some amazing stuff for you, and it would appeal to a whole new market as some of these artists have huge followings, look up Charles Hall, Katie Cook, and Sean Spence just to name a few.

I echo this; at first I thought they were blank cards which the seller created sketches.
$%28KGrHqF,%21hsE+lNNkupBBQHE%28yQtqw%7E%7E60_57.JPG

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I guess its sad that a griffey auto only gets that much now. I saw a guy break a few cases of that one case had two griffey autos and a cano. the next case has a sick mantle high grade. Its a gamble but there are some really nice pieces coming out of those cases. I saw plenty at the nats.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Wow what a joke, but did we really expect more? At least with the other best of's there was 1 box in the case that netted more than the price of the box. This new product isnt even close. I seen some real stinker cases with some "sketchy" sketch cards, you would think someone at lef would look at the sketches and reject them.

But hey who cares they sold out...

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I have a feeling my daughter could draw better sketches. she does good looking portraits already at 16 years old and is doing visual design in high school. The ones Ive seen so far look like they were drawn by someone much younger...

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Wow what a joke, but did we really expect more? At least with the other best of's there was 1 box in the case that netted more than the price of the box. This new product isnt even close. I seen some real stinker cases with some "sketchy" sketch cards, you would think someone at lef would look at the sketches and reject them.

Yeah, this is what happens when there's no competition.

Oh wait, as this all points out, competition doesn't matter does it... as sellers will buy *anything* they think they can flip!

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
I'll pay 40 for this card..
That is low end for best of baseball.,
Let the seller know.. BG

Ps- over 175 cases of best of baseball were opened at the national for redemptions!!

So it can get put into the next 'Best of' product?

Wouldn't this be considered a conflict of interest? Buy the horrible cards back from this years breaks to re-insert them again in the next product, which will undoubtely sell for far more than $40 a box. Must be a good business you have going there.

JTfor3

Mar 5, 2009
This is probably the most egregious card I've seen in BOB (taken from a break from another forum):

scan2376.jpg

Look at the bottom right corner area...disgusting.

This is probably the most egregious card I've seen in BOB (taken from a break from another forum):

scan2376.jpg

Look at the bottom right corner area...disgusting.

WOW :confused:
At some point we have all made fun of drunky McWilliams and his crappy products over the last few years

But this is a huge kick in the junk.......
I'd like to meet the person who saw this card & thought "wow this would be a good hit for our Best of Baseball product"

Hey ...lay off the alcohol/drugs when buying cards for your product :(

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
God damn Upper Dick'd had the best quality control. A kindergartner could tell you which one didn't belong •_•

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

I expect and have been getting more.

Members online

Latest posts