Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Eric Decker-ROOKIE????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RCRX

Sep 4, 2009
Can you guys/gals help a baseball prospector out. Deckers rookie card would be Topps Chrome Auto?? I know baseball "rookies" but not sure about football. Is chrome king in football as well??
Thanks!

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
Chrome is not king in Football, National Treasures have the best values for RC autos. - Also, in baseball the "KING" is Bowman Chrome...not Topps Chrome.

Eric Decker has multiple RC and RC autos. Topps Chrome is not the only one out there, I have a Bowman Sterling Gold RC auto.

RCRX

Sep 4, 2009
Chrome is not king in Football, National Treasures have the best values for RC autos. - Also, in baseball the "KING" is Bowman Chrome...not Topps Chrome.

Eric Decker has multiple RC and RC autos. Topps Chrome is not the only one out there, I have a Bowman Sterling Gold RC auto.

Thanks for the reply..Yes Bowman Chrome is king..a Bowman Chrome Auto is even more "King" in baseball. So if someone were to venture into Eric Decker land your go to card would be the National Treasures and then Bowman Sterlings? In baseball Bowman Sterling is usually the 2nd go to as well.
Thanks again for the reply.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Decker's Chrome aut was a sticker, unfortunately. He has an SPA on-card also, but that pictures him in his Minnesota Gopher gear, which sucks the value out of the card. Because the Gophers are terrible.

Another nice on-card option for you is his Topps Five Star. Those are nice looking.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the reply..Yes Bowman Chrome is king..a Bowman Chrome Auto is even more "King" in baseball. So if someone were to venture into Eric Decker land your go to card would be the National Treasures and then Bowman Sterlings? In baseball Bowman Sterling is usually the 2nd go to as well.
Thanks again for the reply.

What BC football cards are top sellers? Because I can easily search out and find way more NT RC autos that far out sell Bowman products. Again, "Chrome is King" only applies to baseball.

Show me a Cam Newton Bowman Chrome Auto that will outsell a National Treasure Auto....its probably just the Superfractor.

If I were looking for NFL RC autos - National Treasures > Contenders > SPA > Topps Finest = Topps Chrome.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
You are probably in a very tiny minority that would value a Finest RC over a Chrome RC. Not disparaging your opinion, just one that I have never heard

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
You are probably in a very tiny minority that would value a Finest RC over a Chrome RC. Not disparaging your opinion, just one that I have never heard

Finest autos lately have been patches and they out sell regular autos. I spent $225 on my Cam Newton TC auto last year VS. $350 I spent on the patch auto I needed for that set. Hense why I made that statement.

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
While I would have apprehensions about the sticker as well, the Topps Chrome auto is the quintessential NFL rookie card for nearly every player that has had one...

I buy bgs 9.5 bowman chrome autos of all of my favorite mlb players and bgs 9.5 topps chrome autos of all of my favorite nfl players.

Latest posts