Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why hasn't ebay done this yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
COMC allows you do this and it makes things so much easier for the buyer AND seller. I think it would be nice if a buyer could go into a seller's store, add whatever items they want into a shopping cart and when they are done make an offer on the entire lot. The shopping cart would give you the seller's entire asking price and you can make an offer based off that price. The seller can either accept or counter or decline.

I have many customers who wish to buy more than 20 cards from me at the same time and make offers on all 20 auctions and I'm all for giving a discount the more you buy. But it is such a waste of time to go through each offer and either accept or counter.

Does ebay have a suggestion box? LOL

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Definitely a great idea. It's such a pain in the ass to make multiple offers for a seller's items and also to respond to multiple offers from the same buyer. I had a guy make around 10 offers on my stuff, and I had to respond to and counter each and every one. So needless.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Definitely a great idea. It's such a pain in the ass to make multiple offers for a seller's items and also to respond to multiple offers from the same buyer. I had a guy make around 10 offers on my stuff, and I had to respond to and counter each and every one. So needless.

Ebay is smart, there must be a disadvantage to them in terms of money or else they would have done it. I just can't figure out what that disadvantage is. The big advantage I can see is that people would actually BUY more - so they would get more money, no? I mean how often to I go into a seller's store and make 50 individual offers on cards? Never. How often would I do it if I know it was as simple as adding them to a card and making an offer? Probably once or twice a week. I know I would shop more often on ebay if I could do this.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Also many of you guys forget that cards are a small part of Ebay,It has to make sense to do that for all products not just cards.

pgwtamu

Feb 13, 2009
I think it would be more of a headache for ebay. They get paid on a per item basis, so how do they decide what item gets assigned what value? I am sure it can be done, but just would take some time and effort on the part of ebay.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I think it would be more of a headache for ebay. They get paid on a per item basis, so how do they decide what item gets assigned what value? I am sure it can be done, but just would take some time and effort on the part of ebay.

Isn't the FVF the same for all items? Just take 11% of the total ending sale.

Members online

Latest posts