Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HUGE thanks to jpcz! Check out my latest PC card and take a chance at $5 PayPal gift!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
So first, HUGE thanks to jpcz for spotting an Albert Belle card on Thursday of the National and sending me a PM that night to tell me he would be willing to go back Friday and try and secure it for me if I was interested! I was interested and he helped me get the card! Excellent member!

So the card was from 2012 Topps Tribute Autographs series, which Belle has both an Indians and White Sox print. As you can imagine, I can give you a nice peek at these ;)

Base /99, Blue /50, Orange /25, Gold /15, Red /5 and Purple 1/1

1bef8298.jpg

Since rainbows were complete I picked up the Cyan Framed Printing Plate Auto 1/1 (Indians print) :cool:

c9575b1a.jpg

Now the pick-up from the National via jpcz: Onyx Gold Ink Inscripted 1/1 (White Sox print)!!! :D

6835dd70.jpg

Such a cool card and even better in hand!

NOW... Help me out and win $5 PayPal gift :mrgreen:

What does "Go Vilas" mean?! I can't figure it out, jpcz doesn't know and the Topps booth at the National has no clue. FIRST person to post what it means gets a $5 PayPal gift from me. If you're like us and have no clue, post what you think it means and if no one actually figures it out, the best response (IMO) will win!

Appreciate you all taking a look at my pick-up and part of my PC!!!

Mac

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Congrats Mac!

Good work jpcz. Its great that we have people here that keep others in mind at the biggest card show of the year.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
I thought he had simply misspelled 'villains'. But, me associating Belle with villain might stem from me being a young O's fan in the mid 90s. Misspelling, however, wouldn't make sense, as Albert is a pretty smart guy.

Sweet card, though. For those wondering, I already checked to see if it was his HS team name, the name of a team he coaches or the name of a child. No dice.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Personally, I am POSITIVE that it is a poorly spelled shout-out to his favorite section of the local symphony. He meant to say "Go Violas!"

Albert was gettin' his Prokofiev on!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
It means "60 strong" meaning Topps is 60 years "strong"....thanks!

^^This might take the prize, is vilas spanish or something for strong? LOL... I still can't confirm it means strong but I think this is actually right.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
it says "NO JOEY!"

:benson:

Why did you post that? I may not be able to eat for a week now.

This

Glad it arrived safely. Good luck with the inscription!

Thanks man! Yes it did, looks great in hand too, you were right.

Congrats Mac!

Good work jpcz. Its great that we have people here that keep others in mind at the biggest card show of the year.

This! Thanks Dan!

Members online

Latest posts