Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who is one guy you have always wanted to get In Person?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Since 2008 every year I have been trying to get Tim Lincecum's autograph. In 2008 he never signed in STL. 2009, I talked him into signing he told me walk to the end of the dugout, when I got down there everyone rushed forward and I was knocked down, the concrete scuffed the only baseball I had with me. Then later that night I tried to get him outside of the stadium, when he came out I started walking with him and 15 other autograph collectors. He signed for 14 people, I was not 1 of them. He had my baseball and pen in his hand, as we walked onto Westin Hotel Property, a security gaurd yells "If he signs that ball, the cops will be called and you will be arrested" Lincecum looks at me and says "Sorry man I don't want you to get in trouble" and he handed the ball back unsigned. 2010 Lincecum went out the side door and I was at the other gate. Also one morning in 2010 he flew past me on a golf cart. 2011 They were the defending WS Champs, and none of them touched a pen. So, Last night, I talk to a security gaurd that works the players lot and he says Lincecum has been the first person out each night. So I stand in a spot and wait. Lincecum had his headphones on and could care less about me wanting his autograph, he flew past me on the golf cart yet again. So I suppose I am giving up, I guess I am going to buy his autograph. Who is the one guy that you have always wanted to get IP, but never got.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
b208c24d.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Kind of a hard question to answer...

I suppose I would go with Ken Griffey Jr. for baseball. I have a lot more for non-sport, politics, skateboarding, and motorsports though.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Its funny with who you have a problem getting and who you don't. I have always gotten Lincy on something when I seen him. He's one of those players that you need to go to all five games of a series and wait for his day of signing by the dugout.

Most are donkeys that I need for sets:

Matt Laporta, Matt Gamel, Micheal Brantley, and Scott Olsen

Far as star players: Chipper Jones, Matt Garza, and Carlos Gonzalez.

I have always been in the wrong place for Chipper, Garza has always given me an excuse, and Carlos has probably signed 10 plus cards for me but never a ball.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Its funny with who you have a problem getting and who you don't. I have always gotten Lincy on something when I seen him. He's one of those players that you need to go to all five games of a series and wait for his day of signing by the dugout.

Most are donkeys that I need for sets:

Matt Laporta, Matt Gamel, Micheal Brantley, and Scott Olsen

Far as star players: Chipper Jones, Matt Garza, and Carlos Gonzalez.

I have always been in the wrong place for Chipper, Garza has always given me an excuse, and Carlos has probably signed 10 plus cards for me but never a ball.
I tried going to all the days of a series 2 times and didnt get him. It really sucks because last night I was the only person out there. It is probably the most dissapointing autograph I have chased. I tried for years and years to get McGwire and finally got him IP in January of his first year as a hitting coach. But not being able to get Lincy on a ball or a card or anything sucks.

CardboardIcons

Dec 10, 2009
California
I'd love to get Willie Mays, had him at AT&T park right when he got to the stadium before the Giants World Series parade. I was only one to notice ... Then five more guys turned their attention away from Cody Ross and Aubrey Huff and realized baseball royalty was right there. Then came security ... Good times.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
The only player I've wanted to get IP was Olerud. I did finally get him after he retired, but it almost didn't happen. The full story and pix are on my website, but basically after waiting in line I got to the front only to have the "Sorry, that's all folks" bomb dropped by the organizer. I was left standing there holding out my ball. Pretty sad, but I did get my autograph and a pic later.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Sandy Koufax - he's pretty reclusive but from what I've assumed, will usually sign if given an opportunity to do so.

Members online