Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CARDINALS Trade Tyler Greene for a bucket of baseballs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Tyler Greene quote about the fans booing him article is linked too.

"Then don't come to the game. Just cheer for your team. That's all I can say about that." (via foxsportsmidwest.com)

Forrest......Forrest Gump is that you......

Last edited:

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
As bad as I feel for him individually for being booed last night, he is just having one miserable year.

Virtually worthless at the plate. Good speed with little to show for in the stolen base category. Poor fielding. Really a one-tool guy at this point in his career.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
PujolsCollector approves of this thread!
Heard alot of people saying after the game that they hoped he was gone after last night but I never expected STL to trade him.
Glad that Descalso will get even more time though.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I still have not heard who they will call up.......any chance Wong is yet another AA player to make the leap?

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
No clue but on my facebook one of my friends was just arguing that Greene was a better player than Descalso. Obviously I am bias but I still think Descalso is better. I also feel that Descalso is just as good as Furcal.....which may be an overstatment but its hard to judge because Descalso has half the ABs as Furcal. I argued it but I know Furcal is better but him and Descalso are kind of the same talent level I believe. What do you guys think?

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
No clue but on my facebook one of my friends was just arguing that Greene was a better player than Descalso. Obviously I am bias but I still think Descalso is better. I also feel that Descalso is just as good as Furcal.....which may be an overstatment but its hard to judge because Descalso has half the ABs as Furcal. I argued it but I know Furcal is better but him and Descalso are kind of the same talent level I believe. What do you guys think?

DD has a long way to go in order to be as good as Furcal; Furcal is better now and he is career is almost over. DD has hustle and could turn really good if given the playing time. Honestly I think the Cards will keep him around as a role player like Skip. Wong will be up next year and then the Cards will shop for a long term solution at SS.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Furcal is past his prime and he is still a better player than Descalso is, though it's closer than it used to be. That's nothing against Descalso, but rather points out the fact that Furcal was a top 5-10 SS (when healthy) in baseball for a decade and in his diminished state is still about league average. Descalso has yet to put up an OPS of .700; and part time players like Descalso usually aren't out there against pitchers who are a "bad matchup." Until Descalso can improve at the bat he doesn't deserve to start on a good MLB team. He is a nice utility player, though, and the Cards are using him properly.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
It's hard to compare Furcal's stats including the past three weeks because his back is messed up. His average is taking a nosedive straight into the ground. Descalso's glove has been enough to keep him on the field, in my opinion. And now that his hitting has been picking up, it's even more reason to keep him in there.

Would Eugenio Velez get the call?

.284/.348/.468 in AAA.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
As far as guys already on the 40-man, it would have to be Kozma. I don't see Wong getting a look til September if anything, so if I had to guess, I would expect Velez or Kozma.

RCRX

Sep 4, 2009
Ryan Jackson??? Kozma is never going to be MLB worthy in my humble opinion. If I remember correctly we passed on Porcello in the draft and took Kozma. I met Tyler a couple of times at games and he was a really really nice kid..not a very good bball player though. BTW..he was kinda HOT as well..oh well. Looks don't convert to skills I guess!

RCRX

Sep 4, 2009
I must be have a crystal ball.....Jackson will be up Friday..just saw this in paper in STL.

Members online

Latest posts