Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What frustrates you most about eBay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
C'mon now The Illuminatti runs eBay just like everything lmfao

I hate the fees but it's the best place to sell anything that someone else is looking for and I don't have a huge overhead to worry about *_*

Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Like a potato chip, can't list just one.

Can't leave buyers negs

"buyers good, sellers bad" mentality

buyers don't read description

buyers want free ship & it should ship a second after its paid

Buyers think sellers control the usps

Can get refund even if buyer fracks up, even if no fault of seller.

Buyers think every card is gem. you want gem? Buy it graded

Plain out stupid bidders

Lack of ebay cs

"no returns" means nothing

/10

Aug 1, 2011
Terrible seller protections, holding funds based on an algorithm without fast human intervention, and so many spammy title keywords and listings to wade through to find what you want.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
The rules that often change to make it more and more difficult to retain Power Seller status to get the 20% discount. Their last batch of rules I finally gave up, there was no way I could do what they required, still can't. Eventually there will be like 4 power sellers in all of ebay.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
The rules that often change to make it more and more difficult to retain Power Seller status to get the 20% discount. Their last batch of rules I finally gave up, there was no way I could do what they required, still can't. Eventually there will be like 4 power sellers in all of ebay.

I've held my powerseller status for almost 5 years, so what problems are you speaking off?

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
1. OUTRAGEOUS FEES.
2. Not being able to leave negs for non paying bidders.
3. Bidders canceling bids FOUR days after placing bids because "they entered the wrong amount".
4. Bidders NOT during their research and consistently offering, on BIN/BO, HALF of the going rate on cards they have current completed sales.
LOWBALLS are scumbags.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
1. OUTRAGEOUS FEES.
2. Not being able to leave negs for non paying bidders.
3. Bidders canceling bids FOUR days after placing bids because "they entered the wrong amount".
4. Bidders NOT during their research and consistently offering, on BIN/BO, HALF of the going rate on cards they have current completed sales.
LOWBALLS are scumbags

Russ:
Why don't you just set your auto-decline to a price that maybe you could negotiate with?

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
I do.
But you can still see the lowball offers that were autodeclined, then the next 2 offers that increase by $15 that STILL get autodeclined and the bidder is STILL $150 away from the current selling rate. :confused:

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
The fees are number one. No contest there. Also, sellers holding items for years. There hasn't been a BO on this for 2 years? Oh well I better continue to try to expect $200 more than it's worth.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Like a potato chip, can't list just one.

Can't leave buyers negs

"buyers good, sellers bad" mentality

buyers don't read description

buyers want free ship & it should ship a second after its paid

Buyers think sellers control the usps

Can get refund even if buyer fracks up, even if no fault of seller.

Buyers think every card is gem. you want gem? Buy it graded

Plain out stupid bidders

Lack of ebay cs

"no returns" means nothing

1- Buyer friendly site = buyers
2- You build a place with buyers = the sellers will come
3- Buyers + Sellers need to make money = you can screw the sellers
4- Ebay wins Buyers win at expense of sellers.

All of this was done on purpose. Ebay was losing buyers when it was a fair market place. They decided they needed to create an environment where buyers would always be on there site. The reasoning was simple, create a site that was buyer friendly and you will always have buyers. If you always have buyers, then you will always have sellers. At this point the sellers need you more than you need them and they can slowly take more and more of the profit. All of this has been done on purpose to protect ebay and its financial future. Some people will argue this or think I am making it up, but I was told this by an ebay employee. I was allowed to give my thoughts and ask questions. At the end of the discussion, that is what I was told. To further illustrate the point, I was told, "Where else are you going to go". When the beckett forum changed, some smart collectors created fcb, blowout, etc. I think we need that to happen again. I'm all for business and making money, I cant fault ebay for that. But, companies like Walmart and Starbucks are always talked about in the negative for moving into an area and killing all local competition. Once that happens, they control the market and pricing. Ebay has done the same thing. Local card stores are all but dead. Local shows are, across the country, are way down and almost dead. We don't even have shows here in socal, which should be one of the biggest markets on the planet. Ebay has gotten exactly what they wanted. The win. They own. Buyers are happy, thus ebay is happy. An now we have a market place, where the value of the item can drop from 200 to 100 in seconds, because some desperate for funds seller accepts an offer, just to pay his ebay fees.

All this said, as the guy said, where are we going to go. Hopefully some of you guys, who are a lot smarter than I, will create a site that is fair to both buyer and seller.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
We all like to complain, but really, where would this hobby be without a place like eBay?

That said, my least favorite thing is probably the way they change the format every few months. It just makes it confusing when you have to learn a new format so often, especially when there's no need to change anything.

Members online

Latest posts