Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who deserves A.L. MVP so far? Trout or Cabrera?

Who is the A.L. MVP right now?

• Mike Trout

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Miguel Cabrera

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raysfan1031

Jan 24, 2012
G H/AB AVG R 2B 3B HR RBI BB SB CS
Miguel Cabrera:
114 144/451 .319 75 29 0 29 96 46 4 1

Mike Trout: 91 127/369 .344 88 21 5 21 65 38 36 3

Who deserves the A.L. MVP so far?​

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Miggy. Mostly based on past performance. You know he will continue on the same pace. Trout could hit the rookie wall or he might have hit it already. Of course this could change around September 20th or so.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Miggy all the way! I think the Tigers would miss miggy more at this point than the Angels would miss Trout.

Last edited:

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Between Trout's defense and speed he brings elements to the game Miggy never can. Picking today he is my MVP.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
As an all around player and what he does for his team on both offense and defense Trout would get my vote as of now. Angels were the worst team in the A.L. Before he got called up, and I think they have the best record in baseball since his call up.

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
Today I think it's Trout. Since his call up the Angels have been dominant. However, I agree with Manning that Cabrera has consistency on his side. We don't know that with Trout, so my answer could very well change in the next 7 weeks.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
The way you really answer the question....

Which team will suffer the most if the player sustains a season ending injury?

Trout - ROY
Cabrera - MVP

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
It's hard to argue against Cabrera. At this point the PA difference between them is not that great. Trout leads the A.L. in WAR and OPS+.
The stats don't lie and right now Trout leads the way.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
I know I am going to come across as a homer but I'd go with Trout. The Halos were 6-14 before his call up and his mere presence has made the players around him pick up their game; mainly Pujols and Torii. Last I checked, he was leading the AL in avg, steals, runs and WAR to go along with great defense and power out of the lead off spot.

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
Since Detroit and the Angels are currently out of the playoffs, neither gets MVP. Writers will probably give it to Josh Hamilton. His team is in first place, leads the league in HR's and RBI. The MVP landscape will depend on which teams make the playoffs.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Since Detroit and the Angels are currently out of the playoffs, neither gets MVP. Writers will probably give it to Josh Hamilton. His team is in first place, leads the league in HR's and RBI. The MVP landscape will depend on which teams make the playoffs.

I doubt that will happen. I'm not saying Josh Hamilton won't win it. I'm saying that the Angels or Tigers, should they not make the playoffs, won't keep Trout or Miggy from winning the award b/c they are having that great of a season and both teams are in the hunt. It's not like their teams are sitting in the basement.

To answer the question though - it's CLOSE. Very close. But I'd lean towards Trout right now b/c he offers more than Miggy (speed and defense in a very important position) all the while showing his power and creating runs.

But Miggy will be Miggy and Trout will be....??? So it's up to Trout to keep his current pace. If he does and the Angels are in the hunt the entire time, it's his.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
I think Cabrera should have won it last year and I feel the same way so far this year.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
the stolen base total and % is the clincher.... look at those 2 stats is he can do it over 160 games
....the guy can do it all!
TROUT! ....and he can now buy a beer legally lol

PS give Trout the same ABs as Cabrera at this point (82 more) and his stats look like this....
26 HRs, 79 RBIs (leadoff hitter), 155 hits, 26 2Bs, 44 SBs

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
I would give it to Cabrera at this point but I admit I am a homer. If I had a writer's vote, I would give Cabrera some extra consideration for Cabrera's outstanding play for the last 10 years.

Another factor that I would consider is that Cabrera moved from third base to first base this year to make his team better. How many superstars like Cabrera would allow that to happen? Trout fans point to Trout's defense as a plus. I would say the same thing for Cabrera. As of today, Cabrera is tied for 5th place with a .966 fielding percentage among third basemen. No one could have predicted that Cabrera would play this good at third base this year (especially me).

Members online

Latest posts