Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can I vent????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
Sold an item last Sunday. Received payment on Saturday, just 2 days ago. I just received a "Where is my item?" e-mail from the buyer of the item. :-o Man... if only I hadn't shipped it today I could have replied with "It took you 7 days to pay for the item, so I figured as long as I got it to the post office within 7 days, everything would be cool". The nerve of some people.

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
I know... I mean what did he want me to do, fax it to him? LOL! In fact, local post office closes at noon on Saturday... I left at 10:00 am to do errands... it had not been paid for when I checked at 9:45. It was paid for when I checked again that evening. This is why I still wait to leave feedback as a seller until I have received feedback first... I can only give him positive feedback, but the fact that he asks where the card is 1 business day after paying for it will be mentioned if there is even the slightest bit of negativity in the feedback left for me.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Wow I really did not know you could have this in your auction when selling on eBay

Shipping will be $2.95 in a top-loader, team bag, and bubble mailer. International shipping is $4.00. Will ship worldwide for this auction. I accept PayPal and other forms of payment. Please contact me before bidding if you intend to pay with something other than PayPal. Will combine auctions at $0.50 for the second and $0.25 for each one thereafter.Payment due within 10 days of auction's close. US bidders paying with PayPal must have confirmed addresses. International bidders must have outstanding feedback.

I learned something new today, and you do have that payment is due with in 10 days, so why the big deal that he took about 7 days to pay, It seems he still made it into your payment time frame. It clearly says it right there too. Not that it makes it right of him to ask where is the card. But I think he was asking why there was no tracking info linked to the Auction as of yet, and he may have thought you would us PP shipping for this, instead of going to the PO and doing it the old fashion way.

Just my 2 cents :p

Last edited:

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
Wow I really did not know you could have this in your auction when selling on eBay

Shipping will be $2.95 in a top-loader, team bag, and bubble mailer. International shipping is $4.00. Will ship worldwide for this auction. I accept PayPal and other forms of payment. Please contact me before bidding if you intend to pay with something other than PayPal. Will combine auctions at $0.50 for the second and $0.25 for each one thereafter.Payment due within 10 days of auction's close. US bidders paying with PayPal must have confirmed addresses. International bidders must have outstanding feedback.

I learned something new today, and you do have that payment is due with in 10 days, so why the big deal that he took about 7 days to pay, It seems he still made it into your payment time frame. It clearly says it right there too. Not that it makes it right of him to ask where is the card. But I think he was asking why there was no tracking info linked to the Auction as of yet, and he may have thought you would us PP shipping for this, instead of going to the PO and doing it the old fashion way.

Just my 2 cents :p

:rolleyes: Newbs...Anything to increase their post counts. (Says the guy that is posting a reply for a +1 post) - But seriously, I agree with Rich on this. I dont ask about where my card is for about a week after I pay, but lately I have began to hate on sellers that do not update with tracking numbers. I dont care if you walk it to the Post Office or ship with paypal...just input the damn number so that I know it has been sent. -- Even worse are seller that dont use DC at all.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND

eBay does allow other approved electronic payment methods beyond Paypal. eBay does not allow checks and money orders anymore but there are loopholes like the text in this listing. Two days is a little early to be asking where a card is. I started using Paypal shipping labels in May to avoid most of these questions and also in a vain attempt at maintaining eBay's Top Seller status.

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
I will try to post his ID after I receive feedback... I do not want to risk the possibility of him being a lurker on here and get negative feedback. It really is against the law for E-Bay to bar any form of legal payment that the seller accepts. They prefer one to use PayPal, because they are part owners of PayPal. They can't force you to use that, as it would violate anti-trust laws. They are allowed to encourage you in different ways, such as you can't tell what other forms of payment you accept per their rules. Thus, and I clarified this with E-Bay after a back-and-forth with them a few years ago, I can accept other forms of payment (but without any seller protections), just can't specify any specific forms of payment. To the best of my knowledge, you are allowed to have a certain time limit, within reason, for an auction to be paid for.

The whole reason for the post (and I went back to my PayPal account a little while ago to verify)... I received payment at 12:03 pm on Saturday afternoon. He asks Monday night where his card is. I shipped it during my lunch break Monday and in the evening marked it as shipped. To keep my shipping costs down (under $3), I only use DC for cards that sell for more than $25 unless I have suspicions about the buyer... I did not in this case, as the card sold for about $5.00, and I shipped it before receiving his e-mail.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
The whole reason for the post (and I went back to my PayPal account a little while ago to verify)... I received payment at 12:03 pm on Saturday afternoon. He asks Monday night where his card is. I shipped it during my lunch break Monday and in the evening marked it as shipped. To keep my shipping costs down (under $3), I only use DC for cards that sell for more than $25 unless I have suspicions about the buyer... I did not in this case, as the card sold for about $5.00, and I shipped it before receiving his e-mail.

Sounds as if he knew of your no dc for under 25$ amount and is going to burn you. And I am not sure where you are getting that it has to be under $3 for tracking. Shipping with tracking is something $1.75 + a bubble mailers and a toploader/penny sleeve?

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
Sounds as if he knew of your no dc for under 25$ amount and is going to burn you. And I am not sure where you are getting that it has to be under $3 for tracking. Shipping with tracking is something $1.75 + a bubble mailers and a toploader/penny sleeve?

Well, I go directly to the post office and ship. It is $1.95 to ship with a small bubble mailer. DC is now $1.10... Right there that is $3.05. I take it it is easy to use PP for shipping? I am old fashioned... never have done it that way. I charge $2.95 s/h, so I am already taking a loss just on that alone if I use DC. Only 2 times in about maybe 10 years or now of selling have I had someone claim they did not receive the item. I gave a refund in both cases and mentioned in feedback that I left that they claimed the item was not received and got a refund. The risk/reward for me is the point where I use DC.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
You should print shipping labels through eBay. First class postage with DC for up to 3 ounces is $1.67

$1.64 for me. It is mind-boggling to me that 100% of eBay sports card sellers don't take advantage of this, especially those who are continuously selling. It is cheaper AND it saves you the time of having to drive to and deal with the post office.

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
You should print shipping labels through eBay. First class postage with DC for up to 3 ounces is $1.67

How do you pay? Via credit or debit card? PayPal? Also, I live in a condominium (essentially townhouse) complex... the delivery slot at the mailbox for outgoing mail is too thin to put a bubble mailer through it, so I would have to go to the post office, or some place with a mailbox anyway to ship.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
How do you pay? Via credit or debit card? PayPal? Also, I live in a condominium (essentially townhouse) complex... the delivery slot at the mailbox for outgoing mail is too thin to put a bubble mailer through it, so I would have to go to the post office, or some place with a mailbox anyway to ship.
As soon as you print the label through Ebay shipping, the shipping is automatically deducted from your Paypal account.

I don't understand why sellers don't use this function. Paying $1.10 for DC is stupid.

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
As soon as you print the label through Ebay shipping, the shipping is automatically deducted from your Paypal account.

I don't understand why sellers don't use this function. Paying $1.10 for DC is stupid.

May have to start doing that, but it will take a little time to adjust to it. My printer at home is very basic, the ink is expensive, etc... I know excuses... one day I guess I will do it. One day I will also own a smart phone and pay for a data plan. LOL

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
May have to start doing that, but it will take a little time to adjust to it. My printer at home is very basic, the ink is expensive, etc... I know excuses... one day I guess I will do it. One day I will also own a smart phone and pay for a data plan. LOL

I don't have a smart phone, I don't text message, I use an old HP 300 printer, and I refill my ink cartridges. HP21 black, HP22 color.

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
One more thing I forgot to mention initially... the e-mail the buyer sent me asking me where his card was, WAS WRITTEN IN ALL CAPS WITH AN EXCLAMATION POINT AT THE END, AS OPPOSED TO A QUESTION MARK.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
One more thing I forgot to mention initially... the e-mail the buyer sent me asking me where his card was, WAS WRITTEN IN ALL CAPS WITH AN EXCLAMATION POINT AT THE END, AS OPPOSED TO A QUESTION MARK.

Well if he is not next to where you live. HE WAS MAKING SURE YOU COULD HEAR HIM FROM WHERE HE LIVES. ;) And the exclamation point was a statement and not a question of his.
http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/exclamation.htm

An exclamation mark may be used to close questions that are meant to convey extreme emotion, as in
example 1
What on earth are you doing! Stop!

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky

I am not technologically advanced at all, and I don't even have internet on my phone. I don't sell very much and I have a very basic printer. I always ship using Ebay Shipping - It makes life so easy! Not only is it only $1.64, but DC is free and it automatically updates the tracking and everything in the buyer's my Ebay page. I do it at night and take it with me when I go to work in the morning and drop it off at the post office on the way. You really should take advantage of this, it is quite simple to get used to because it is basically completely automated. You just print the label on normal paper and tape it to the front of a bubble mailer.

Members online

Latest posts