Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who takes Steve Stone's place as co-announcer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
That's wimpy Tom Paciorek
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Paciorek
Paciorek has served as a broadcaster for several years since retiring as a player, with his most notable stint as the color commentator on White Sox television broadcasts alongside Ken Harrelson, who affectionately called him by his baseball nickname, "Wimpy", on-air. Paciorek broadcast for the White Sox from 1988 to 1999, then called select games for the Detroit Tigers in 2000 and the Seattle Mariners in 2001 before calling the Atlanta Braves on FSN South from 2002–2005. In 2006, he was the color commentator for the Washington Nationals, but his contract was not renewed for 2007 [3]. He is fondly remembered amongst Nationals fans for his distinct pronunciation of "Alfonso Soriano": "Eelfahnso Soriaahno".

Last edited:

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Steve Stone is the best thing to happen to a broadcast booth. Loved listening to him call Cubs games when I grew up. Cubs games just arnt the same since he left. Atleast now I can hear him do White Sox games.... just sucks you get Ken Harrelson with him.

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
Couldn't stand listening to Paciorek when he was with the Braves. Terrible broadcaster.

I also can't watch the White Sox broadcasts because of the TV announcer who says "put it on the board... yes... yes" when a White Sox player hits a HR. That's so damn annoying.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Couldn't stand listening to Paciorek when he was with the Braves. Terrible broadcaster.

I also can't watch the White Sox broadcasts because of the TV announcer who says "put it on the board... yes... yes" when a White Sox player hits a HR. That's so damn annoying.

Everyone has some kind of homerun call, so not all of them can be, Oh look there's a drive, it could be, it might be it is......a homerun.....Now that would be boring now would it. Oh and he is only calling as it is. Your going to put it on the board since it is gone and that is how you can score runs.

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
Everyone has some kind of homerun call, so not all of them can be, Oh look there's a drive, it could be, it might be it is......a homerun.....Now that would be boring now would it. Oh and he is only calling as it is. Your going to put it on the board since it is gone and that is how you can score runs.

Local fans in Chicago may be used to it, but as a fan just trying to watch a baseball game, it's unbearable. I have to mute it or change the channel. I don't even know the guy's name, but he's obnoxious and is probably the worst announcer I've ever heard in any sport.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
I agree Stoney is great and I loved listening to him and Harry when I was growing up but damn Harrelson is too annoying. (you can put it on the boards yes) and (he gone)

Zeeck

Mar 29, 2010
Aurora, IL
As a White Sox fan, I love the home run call. That's been a part of Sox broadcasts for as long as I can remember. That being said, I hate every other "Hawk-ism" like "he gone," "don't stop now boys" and his latest, "it's all good." I'd rather listen to the radio broadcast, which itself is not all that great.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Hawk is a pretty terrible announcer. He has no business saying, "you've got to be bleeping me" on air. How about showing a little class? I agree that Stone is great.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
How did I know this was going to turn into a Hawk Bashing thread.
Anyways back on the topic. I like the occasional Wimpy in the booth with Hawk it brings me back to as a kid watching Hawk and Wimpy call the games.
I like listening to them joke around and reminisce about there time together.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
How did I know this was going to turn into a Hawk Bashing thread.
Anyways back on the topic. I like the occasional Wimpy in the booth with Hawk it brings me back to as a kid watching Hawk and Wimpy call the games.
I like listening to them joke around and reminisce about there time together.

Because Hawk sucks? Especially when you compare him to how good Stone is.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Id like to say hawk's catchphrases are really annoying, but im a yankee fan & someone can reply with john sterling's calls ;)

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Id like to say hawk's catchphrases are really annoying, but im a yankee fan & someone can reply with john sterling's calls ;)

That's true, Sterling is worse than Hawk Harrelson. Hawk sometimes is so bad, he's entertaining and rather amusing in an irritating way. Sterling is only irritating.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008

Beat me to it. Sterling's personalized calls are the worst thing my ears have ever heard connected to a game. No audio feed at all would be preferable to hearing your fat old uncle try to sound cool and hip

Members online

Latest posts