Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2001 Upper Deck Gold Glove Leather Bound - Question about Print Runs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodgerblue

Jul 12, 2012
I recently "discovered" this set, and I must admit I really dig it. So much so that I ended up picking up an Ivan Rodriguez card, which includes not only a piece of a glove but also his auto. I figure if I only own one of his cards, this would be the perfect way to summarize everything he did so brilliantly.

While doing some research on Beckett, I wasn't able to find out the print run for these cards - it lists a "Gold Glove Leather Bound" numbered to 100, and a "Gold Glove Leather Bound Gold" numbered to 25 (neither of which has an auto), as well as a "Gold Glove Leather Bound Autograph" (the one I have).

I would be curious to hear anyone's thoughts on this set, as well as any information on the rarity of these auto cards. Cheers.

Attachments

• Rodriguez Ivan_2001 Upper Deck Gold Glove Leather Bound Autograph.jpg
    Rodriguez Ivan_2001 Upper Deck Gold Glove Leather Bound Autograph.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 65

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
[h=3][/h]
Leather Bound Autographodds-
1:240
[h=3]Leather Bound Autograph[/h] SLB-I Ichiro Suzuki SP 50
SLB-AR Alex Rodriguez SP 29
SLB-CF Cliff Floyd
SLB-DW Dave Winfield
SLB-EM Edgar Martinez
SLB-FR Frank Robinson
SLB-FT Frank Thomas
SLB-GL Greg Luzinski
SLB-IR Ivan Rodriguez
SLB-JD Johnny Damon
SLB-JK Jim Kaat
SLB-JL Javy Lopez
SLB-JO John Olerud
SLB-KG Ken Griffey, Jr. SP 49
SLB-KL Kenny Lofton
SLB-JK Jason Kendall
SLB-OS Ozzie Smith
SLB-PO Paul O'Neill
SLB-RF Rafael Furcal
SLB-RJ Reggie Jackson SP 68
SLB-RK Ryan Klesko

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Terrific set to latch onto; several collectors here are building the set. Drop Pinbreaker a PM, he and Papa can be for great assistance.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
IMO one of the best game-used sets of all time since game-used glove cards are pretty rare partially because it cost the company many times more to make than a jersey card. The non-auto set includes guys like Lefty Grove (one just sold for $200) Leon Day and a few others who very likely will never have another GU glove card ever made. The signed cards are super sweet looking as well.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I've been doing the set for awhile. Down to 5 cards needed (Ichiro, Javy Lopez, Ken Caminiti, Nellie Fox and Omar Vizquel). The Big 4 in the set are Ichiro, Leon Day, Lefty Grove and Roy Campanella. Click on a link below for scans of the 55 cards I have. Haven't seen an Ichiro sell since I started on the set about 2+ plus years ago, that's my big hurdle to completion. Beautiful cards!

2001 UD Gold Glove Leather Bound Set

goldglovesig.jpg

Last edited:

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
ichiro auto is TOUGH..

only saw two in the last 6-7 years? and pretty sure it was bet. 1500-2000..

one of my whales that i gave up on

dave

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I've been doing the set for awhile. Down to 5 cards needed (Ichiro, Javy Lopez, Ken Caminiti, Nellie Fox and Omar Vizquel). The Big 4 in the set are Ichiro, Leon Day, Lefty Grove and Roy Campanella. Click on a link below for scans of the 55 cards I have. Haven't seen an Ichiro sell since I started on the set about 2+ plus years ago, that's my big hurdle to completion. Beautiful cards!

goldglovesig.jpg

Funny, made that post exactly two years ago today. I won the Omar Vizquel card last night, bringing me down to just two cards left to complete the set: Nellie Fox and Ichiro. So in two years I found 3 cards. Although I did have a chance at a Fox awhile ago. The Ichiro card is going to sting though when I finally find one for sale.

Very happy to add the Vizquel, as he was one of the finest glovemen ever, and the card seems a fitting tribute to him.

vizquel01UDGG.jpg

Last edited:

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Funny, made that post exactly two years ago today. I won the Omar Vizquel card last night, bringing me down to just two cards left to complete the set: Nellie Fox and Ichiro. So in two years I found 3 cards. Although I did have a chance at a Fox awhile ago. The Ichiro card is going to sting though when I finally find one for sale.

Very happy to add the Vizquel, as he was one of the finest glovemen ever, and the card seems a fitting tribute to him.

$_12.JPG

Awesome!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
And then there was one! With the addition of Nellie Fox, I'm down to needing just the Ichiro (non-auto) for the 60-card Leather Bound Glove set. Any help locating it would be greatly appreciated!

fernandez01UDGG.jpg
gonzalez01UDGG.jpg
arod01UDGG.jpg

sele01UDGG.jpg
bonds01UDGG.jpg
grieve01UDGG.jpg

biggio01UDGG.jpg
floyd01UDGG.jpg
jones01UDGG.jpg

lee01UDGG.jpg
park01UDGG.jpg
ellis01UDGG.jpg

winfield01UDGG.jpg
edgar01UDGG.jpg
robinson01UDGG.jpg

thomas01UDGG.jpg
anderson01UDGG.jpg
carter01UDGG.jpg

luzinski01UDGG.jpg
sheffield01UDGG.jpg
irabu01UDGG.jpg

kuenn01UDGG.jpg
blank03DTH.jpg
rodriguez01UDGG.jpg

blanchard01UDGG.jpg
buhner01UDGG.jpg
damon01UDGG.jpg

edmonds01UDGG.jpg
isringhausen01UDGG.jpg
kaat01UDGG.jpg

kendall01UDGG.jpg
lopez01UDGG.jpg
mesa01UDGG.jpg

olerud01UDGG.jpg
caminiti01UDGG.jpg
griffey01UDGG.jpg

lofton01UDGG.jpg
day01UDGG.jpg
grove01UDGG.jpg

grissom01UDGG.jpg
piazza01UDGG.jpg
ramirez01UDGG.jpg

yoshii01UDGG.jpg
foxi01UDGG.jpg
dotel01UDGG.jpg

hernandez01UDGG.jpg
smith01UDGG.jpg
vizquel01UDGG.jpg

pedro01UDGG.jpg
oneil01UDGG.jpg
campanella01UDGG.jpg

cedeno01UDGG.jpg
furcal01UDGG.jpg
jackson01UDGG.jpg

klesko01UDGG.jpg
palmeiro01UDGG.jpg
sosa01UDGG.jpg

helton01UDGG.jpg
hollandsworth01UDGG.jpg
salmon01UDGG.jpg

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
I just opened a box of this. Pulled a Javy Lopez auto glove, Griffey batting glove, vizquel jersey and grace (and I forgot who) dual ball card. Fun rip!

Members online

Latest posts