Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beckett Marketplace Refund

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I made a purchase last night where I spent about $20 on two cards from the same seller last night on Beckett's marketplace. I paid above the current going rate for these cards because I wanted them. This morning, I was refunded my payment with absolutely no explanation.

I've had this happen with two of my three career Beckett Marketplace purchases now, and I won't be going back for try #4. What I don't understand is why they can have cards listed at a set price and when someone buys them they can just refund the buyer without an explanation and are off the hook for upholding their end of the sale. Has anyone else had this happen or have I just been unlucky?

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
What's the name of the seller? What cards were they?

I've had that happen a few times on cards that were hot and I bought them at 50% or more off their going rate!

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
There should be a reason given for the refund, but these dealers that do this should not even be on BMP, if a card sells honor it. I have sold so many cards under going rate, its part of the deal. You snooze you lose.

TopOffLikeWALLACE

Feb 11, 2010
HouStros
If some sellers didn't post rediculous prices that clog up search results (Card Gallery), maybe more people would used BMB and sellers would update their inventory more regularly, probably not,,,

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
my local LCS, has a Beckett market and is on eBay, so all the stuff on those places are what is in there Brick and Mortar building. So this maybe the case that they sold them, some place else. But they should have given you a reason as to why the refund for sure.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
my local LCS, has a Beckett market and is on eBay, so all the stuff on those places are what is in there Brick and Mortar building. So this maybe the case that they sold them, some place else. But they should have given you a reason as to why the refund for sure.

This has happened to me on a few occasions. They sell the stuff in person and don't update the online inventory. Beckett Marketplace is a crapshoot.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Yeah I figured it was either a case of the item being sold elsewhere and the listing not removed, or the dreaded seller's remorse when they can't get 300% of the current going rate on a sale. The card is hot compared to where it was a couple weeks ago, but I paid like $12 per card when the going rate is $8-$10.

I'm not even going to pursue it because I know I'm not getting the cards so it's not worth my time, but I find it very unprofessional to refund a buyer without even giving a reason. At least I got a reason the first time this happened.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I was a seller on Beckett for over a year. I can't say to how it is now but when I was a seller I would pull stuff off that had sold and it wouldn't delete. I used their eBay channel and it would sell on eBay and not get pulled off Beckett. I would have cards sell that I never listed in the first place.

Could be the seller but I had so many bugs and errors that weren't even my fault. But that is also why I am no longer there. Have to work twice as hard but have a tenth of the headaches.

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
Yes, that same thing has happen'd to me at least 4 or 5 times in the past few YEARS..and every single time, I was the one who contacted the seller and asked what the problem was..and every and I mean every single time I got almost the same canned response.."I'm sorry the card(s) are not in stock/inventory anymore" and that was it. So I have a list of every seller who's done that to me and to this day I absolutely refuse to do business with butt-monkey's like that..To me its not a difficult thing to update your store inventory..Just my .02!!

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Yes, that same thing has happen'd to me at least 4 or 5 times in the past few YEARS..and every single time, I was the one who contacted the seller and asked what the problem was..and every and I mean every single time I got almost the same canned response.."I'm sorry the card(s) are not in stock/inventory anymore" and that was it. So I have a list of every seller who's done that to me and to this day I absolutely refuse to do business with butt-monkey's like that..To me its not a difficult thing to update your store inventory..Just my .02!!

Again I am not going to back everyone there but from personal experience even when it was updated manually it was not updated in the system.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I don't ever really buy "hot" cards on there but I buy cheap stuff from my wantlists sometimes...and I get a refund for at least 1 card on around 1/3 to 1/2 of my orders. Once in a while I'll get an explanatory email. When it's REALLY annoying is when I'll spot a card I really need for like $3 plus $3 shipping. Okay I'm willing to pay $6 for that card, then I look around at the seller's other inventory to maybe add some base cards I need at 15-25 cents a piece, since it isn't really going to add to the shipping price any so I might as well. Then I'll get an email that I have received the dreaded partial refund, always for the one card that I really wanted. So I end up paying $1 plus $3 shipping for the four base cards I tacked on as an afterthought. Hooray.
Richard

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I don't ever really buy "hot" cards on there but I buy cheap stuff from my wantlists sometimes...and I get a refund for at least 1 card on around 1/3 to 1/2 of my orders. Once in a while I'll get an explanatory email. When it's REALLY annoying is when I'll spot a card I really need for like $3 plus $3 shipping. Okay I'm willing to pay $6 for that card, then I look around at the seller's other inventory to maybe add some base cards I need at 15-25 cents a piece, since it isn't really going to add to the shipping price any so I might as well. Then I'll get an email that I have received the dreaded partial refund, always for the one card that I really wanted. So I end up paying $1 plus $3 shipping for the four base cards I tacked on as an afterthought. Hooray.
Richard

LOL I was so close to doing this exact same thing last night, very happy I didn't. If this is happening with at least a third of the transactions on there, they either need to improve the software or shut it down.

Members online

No members online now.