Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone have any 2000 UD APOH 3000 Club Bat/Jsy Auto cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I've recently decided (ridiculously) to make an attempt at the set. I know that it's unlikely that anyone has any that they are willing to move, so right now just wondering if anyone has any, and can show some scans. I've only seen a few different ones and would love to see scans of any that anyone has.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
just autos?

Right now that's what I am trying to target. Ironically, I don't have the funds to go after the cheaper sets. (I hope to be able to pick up a single expensive card every now and then, but don't really have the funds to also go after the pretty expensive and extensive base, and dual game-used sets.)

To this point I've been able to pick up the Aaron (actually picked up 2 copies, one of which is on its way out) and the Mays which is incoming. Have not so much as found a lead on any others.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Just ordered 5 random boxes from 2000 sets from Dave and Adams. Odds are next to zero that I'll pull anything, but should be fun.

Here's the two I have:

7804492884_3f6513654a.jpg

7804496156_1c8921dec5.jpg

Just ordered 5 random boxes from 2000 sets from Dave and Adams. Odds are next to zero that I'll pull anything, but should be fun.

Here's the two I have:

7804492884_3f6513654a.jpg

7804496156_1c8921dec5.jpg

If you gave up you already Your still ahead as those 2 i would assume are biggest 2 as far as living players are concerned.

If you dont mind divulging, how much did they each cost?
I want to get some of the unsigned ones signed at card shows(Cal, Boggs, Yaz, Brett, Yount) but even they are hard to find.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
If you gave up you already Your still ahead as those 2 i would assume are biggest 2 as far as living players are concerned.

If you dont mind divulging, how much did they each cost?
I want to get some of the unsigned ones signed at card shows(Cal, Boggs, Yaz, Brett, Yount) but even they are hard to find.

Because the cards are numbered (for the most part) to the player's jersey number, the two I have are actually two of the easiest. Beyond Winfield, Murray, Carew and maybe Gwynn they may all be out of any sort of price range I could fathom paying, even if I did come across a copy. I actually saw copies of each of the Brett/Yount sell a while back and had no clue what the card was. That also may be feasible, though not sure I really view it as part of the set (dual player and looks different.)

As for what I paid, suffice it to say that they are two of the most expensive cards I have ever owned.

Here is the checklist:

AKBS Al Kaline BAT EXCH 6

BYBS George Brett / Robin Yount BAT 10

BYBJ George Brett / Robin Yount JSY 10

CRJBS Cal Ripken, Jr. BAT/JSY EXCH 8

CYJBS Carl Yastrzemski BAT/JSY 8

DWJBS Dave Winfield BAT/JSY 31

EMJBS Eddie Murray BAT/JSY EXCH 33

RCAJS Rod Carew BAT/JSY 30

RCLBC Roberto Clemente CUT/BAT 5

RCLC Roberto Clemente CUT 4

SMJBS Stan Musial BAT/JSY 6

TCBC Ty Cobb CUT/BAT 1

TCC Ty Cobb CUT 3

TGBS Tony Gwynn BAT 19

TSBC Tris Speaker CUT/BAT 5

WBBS Wade Boggs BAT 12

WMJBS Willie Mays BAT/JSY 24

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008

which are you targeting? The single game used /350 are often available. The dual game used /100 can be pretty tough and sell well. A Mays recently went for $270...

Titans74

Oct 28, 2010
Very nice set to chase, Good luck. I have all of the autos except Musial /6, Ripken /8 and of course the cut autos. The Kaline was the last one I picked up. I missed out on the Musial because the seller apparently didn't like being offered an 'off Ebay deal' and blocked me from bidding. It sold for $850. I am still pissed over 7 years later! Also, the Carew /30 does not exist. He refused to sign them due to some dispute over $ with UD. He gave all of the cards sent to him (unsigned) to friends and family.

Not that they even compare to the signed versions, but I have also of the bats, jerseys and bat/jersey-bat/cap combos as well. All are /350 except Boggs, Gwynn and Musial. They are /50.

Still no scans available of mine right now, in my safe. I haven't looked at them in a few years.

PS - I paid $2400 for my Mays /24 and $800 for my Aaron /44.

Last edited:

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Very nice set to chase, Good luck. I have all of the autos except Musial /6, Ripken /8 and of course the cut autos. The Kaline was the last one I picked up. I missed out on the Musial because the seller apparently didn't like being offered an 'off Ebay deal' and blocked me from bidding. It sold for $850. I am still pissed over 7 years later! Also, the Carew /30 does not exist. He refused to sign them due to some dispute over $ with UD. He gave all of the cards sent to him (unsigned) to friends and family.

Not that they even compare to the signed versions, but I have also of the bats, jerseys and bat/jersey-bat/cap combos as well. All are /350 except Boggs, Gwynn and Musial. They are /50.

Still no scans available of mine right now, in my safe. I haven't looked at them in a few years.

PS - I paid $2400 for my Mays /24 and $800 for my Aaron /44.

Great stuff!! How long ago did you pick them up?

$850 for the Musial... no kidding. I imagine it gets minimum 2x-3x that if it sold today if not more. Would love to see scans if you ever dig them up.

On the Boggs, Gwynn and Musial, I just checked a checklist on http://baseballcardpedia.com and it indicated that for the dual bat/jersey cards, the Boggs, Gwynn and Mays were /50 and the Musial is /100. I have noticed that some players seem to be numbered while others are not.

Members online

Latest posts