Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best Catch of the Year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Saw this on MLB.com's homepage today...a great montage of all the best catches this year.

http://mlb.mlb.com/cutfour/index.jsp#contentId=36845826

My favorites are Trout's first one where he flies through the air to rob a homer, and then the Rajai Davis catch is truly incredible with timing it and then climbing a 10 foot wall to make the catch.

Which do you think is the best catch of the year so far?

Last edited:

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Not sure it is the toughest catch of the year, but have not seen one that looks as pretty as the Trout robbery.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Some really good ones. Pains me to say but I think Gregor Blanco has got this one in the bag. Was a great catch and all things considered (like circumstance) that pushes him over the top.

1. Blanco
2. Rajai Davis
3. Trout (vs. Orioles)

Just want to point out - that the catch Ruggiano made is VERY difficult to make. He should get some recognition for that.

What is the #1 web game on BBTN right now? I know the 1st Trout one was 1 for a very long time. Did Davis or another Trout dethrone it?

Frow

Some really good ones. Pains me to say but I think Gregor Blanco has got this one in the bag. Was a great catch and all things considered (like circumstance) that pushes him over the top.

1. Blanco
2. Rajai Davis
3. Trout (vs. Orioles)

Just want to point out - that the catch Ruggiano made is VERY difficult to make. He should get some recognition for that.

What is the #1 web game on BBTN right now? I know the 1st Trout one was 1 for a very long time. Did Davis or another Trout dethrone it?

I believe Blanco knocked out Trout and then Rajai Davis knocked out Blanco

Honestly outfield catches are good but my least favorite defensive plays.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
dm_120817_llws_canada_mexico_highlight.jpg

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I believe Blanco knocked out Trout and then Rajai Davis knocked out Blanco

Honestly outfield catches are good but my least favorite defensive plays.

Really? I'm not doubting you b/c I hardly watch BBTN but I thought Trout had the #1 play for over 60 days or something and wasn't Cain's perfect game a while ago?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Trout's catch was just incredible. Watching him elevate like that and then just glide through the air...wow. I mean there are some good athletes in Major League Baseball, but that's one incredible display of athleticism shown by Trout that leaves no doubt. I still think Davis's catch was more difficult and impressive, but Trout's sure was pretty.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Trout's catch was just incredible. Watching him elevate like that and then just glide through the air...wow. I mean there are some good athletes in Major League Baseball, but that's one incredible display of athleticism shown by Trout that leaves no doubt. I still think Davis's catch was more difficult and impressive, but Trout's sure was pretty.

Agreed. The aesthetics of it - Trout has the lead. Difficulty - you have to give the edge to Rajai. But I voted on circumstances being the most vital. Blanco, Davis, Trout. That's how I stand.

Frow

Really? I'm not doubting you b/c I hardly watch BBTN but I thought Trout had the #1 play for over 60 days or something and wasn't Cain's perfect game a while ago?

Argh...I just watched their break down the other day...yea Blanco got overturned by Trout then it was either Davis or the guy that ran into the metal door in the outfield chasing down a fly ball (can't rember the game or name.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
The justin rugiano was by far the most impressive in my opinion of that compilation video. Then I have to take that Davis grab, followed by trouts ups. I'm in agreement with op, I want to see the best diving catches. More thrilling imo

Members online