Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2001 UD Legends of NY Christy Mathewson Jersey /68

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I recently picked this card up (thanks Boomo) and was curious to hear people's thoughts. The card was the first Mathewson Game-Used item ever made and limited to 68 copies making it really tough to find. On the card it says, "game-worn jersey" as can be seen on the front of the card. Since then, UD has made a number of Mathewson cards (including a number of versions in 2003 SP Legendary Cuts) but all of them have been Game-Used pants. My question is whether you think this is actually from a jersey, or if it is from a GU pants, and they just did not differentiate back then. As mentioned the card itself and BGS holder say "jersey" and I have no inside information other then the logic above but it seems unlikely they made 68 jersey cards and never made any more...

7804495878_fae35c362f.jpg

Last edited:

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Gotta be pants man, no way does UD cut up 68 pieces of Mathewson jersey and everything else pants. Nice card from a legendary collection

Members online

Latest posts