Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Astros fired Brad Mills and two coaches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
While it might be completely unfair to fire Mills in a situation as the Astros are in, they may be searching for a manager that can conduct a team a la Showalter (yes bias included). They APPEAR to be heading in the right direction with their recent trades and draft picks, not to mention they will most likely have the #1 overall again. It's hard to believe right now, but I do think the Astros' management know what they are doing to get back to a winning ball club.

Frow

While it might be completely unfair to fire Mills in a situation as the Astros are in, they may be searching for a manager that can conduct a team a la Showalter (yes bias included). They APPEAR to be heading in the right direction with their recent trades and draft picks, not to mention they will most likely have the #1 overall again. It's hard to believe right now, but I do think the Astros' management know what they are doing to get back to a winning ball club.

Wouldn't be a Showalter team since the rebuilding hasn't finished yet. They'll need to get another manger in there for a couple of growing pain years until the young players start producing, fire him, and then hire Showalter.

If anything you got to feel happy for the guy. Every aspect of his team has been cannibalized and it'll be moving to a league that has 2-3 very competitive teams. If anything he's getting out of having to start a youth movement in a new league that has the Rangers, Angels, and A's beating up on them.

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
Tony DeFrancesco named interim manager. Honestly I feel its a step in the right direction. He managed successfully in the minors and known being hard of the players. He would try get to the best or weed the player out. He used to be with A's organization which likely help out. Unfortunately Ty Van Burkleo is the interim hitting coach.

Latest posts