Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay Problem, looking for some advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Ok, real long story short, I sold a card for $250, send with signature confirmation. I shipped to the address provided through paypal, and printed it through paypal.

The item was received on the 18th (saturday), BUT, it appears it was delivered to the wrong address, signed for by the wrong person. I have the confirmation, but again, it has the wrong address and name, and signature on it.

The buyer has already opened a paypal case, and is making accusations that I am trying to screw him over.

So I:

1. Opened a case with USPS, they are trying to figure out what happened

2. Responded professionally multiple times to the buyer, asking for patience and to let me try and figure out the situation.

3. Am curious if this buyer wrote the wrong information on the slip, just to screw me out of the card.

Any thoughts?

skrip

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
dont really have any advice but im sorry to hear about this. hopefully it gets rectified. I would make it clear in the paypal case what happened and that youve opened a case with the USPS. seems like a very impatient buyer. good luck

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
So just signature confirmation?

Not $250 insurance that comes with signature confirmation?

Not real sure if that is the case. Maybe the wrong buyer will be returning it?

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
So just signature confirmation?

Not $250 insurance that comes with signature confirmation?

Not real sure if that is the case. Maybe the wrong buyer will be returning it?

When you ship an item that is valued at $250, EBAY requires signature comfirmation whether you have insurance or not..

If you buy $250 worth of insurance, the person who the item was delivered to has to sign for it and it doesn't fill the requirement of EBAY..

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
did it give the address that signed for it? was it down the road from the buyer. i would tell them to walk down the street and ask their neighbor.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
Was it shipped to an apartment? I've had this pulled on me long ago. The landlord signs for the mail, buyers claims they never recieved it. Paypal will side with you if that's the case.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
Can you Google Maps the address that it was delivered to? I'm pretty sure it's a felony to accept/open somebody else's mail, so I'd imagine a quick phone call could help you arrange the pickup.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Can you Google Maps the address that it was delivered to? I'm pretty sure it's a felony to accept/open somebody else's mail, so I'd imagine a quick phone call could help you arrange the pickup.

Good luck getting anyone to actually enforce that

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
If I had a package that the USPS delivered incorrectly, I would probably go talk to someone at the USPS and ask them how they would rectify the situation, but thats just me.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Does no good. I had a Harper A&G auto that was shipped priority and insured with DC. Tracking says it was delivered. Sad part is that the time stamp is 2 hours after the other packages that were delivered that day. Haven't seen it, and that was July 27th. USPS denied the insurance claim yesterday, insisting it was delivered. May have been, just not to my house. I've talked to the USPS until I'm blue in the face. Pointless!

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
So, Paypal claims that I SHOULD be covered. What is SHOULD?

They mean should be as in if you followed all their steps which includes insurance. The only chance you have is its showing another address, but I have seen people lose cases and it was a different zip code. So its up in the air. I would get off the internet and contact the USPS postal investigator ASAP as they are your only sure shot.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Call the buyers local post office around 7:30am local time. That way, they can speak to the persons mail carrier, who is typically loading their truck, and ask what happened. I do it to my PO all of the time and typically get a good result. Good luck

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
They mean should be as in if you followed all their steps which includes insurance. The only chance you have is its showing another address, but I have seen people lose cases and it was a different zip code. So its up in the air. I would get off the internet and contact the USPS postal investigator ASAP as they are your only sure shot.

How do I reach the Postal investigator? I spoke to someone yesterday, who took all the information and opened a case for me. Supposedly I am getting a call back today from them, but that is looking unlikely since I haven't heard anything yet.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Does no good. I had a Harper A&G auto that was shipped priority and insured with DC. Tracking says it was delivered. Sad part is that the time stamp is 2 hours after the other packages that were delivered that day. Haven't seen it, and that was July 27th. USPS denied the insurance claim yesterday, insisting it was delivered. May have been, just not to my house. I've talked to the USPS until I'm blue in the face. Pointless!

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

I hate to say it like this, but the seller was/is protected, correct? And sadly the buyer is screwed? Damnit USPS, get it together!!!

Latest posts